Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Have recently bought an old fly press 

It has a casting on the front which I haven’t seen before , Must have been used for something 

Can anyone shed any light on it please 






Edited by mickanles
Add photos
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, ditchman said:

some more pics would help

Will take some more pictures tomorrow 

24 minutes ago, wisdom said:

It looks like it may take a swage block or is there a corresponding hole in the top.

Will check tomorrow & update post

Link to post
Share on other sites

The slotted hole in the 2nd picture and the slot above it at the top in  the last picture is definitely to put a tie bar/rod in to strengthen the press frame.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Create New...