Smoothest Clay Cartridge's?

Difficult one that mate. All the brands do high end clay loads just depends on how your gun shoots them. Perceived recoil is as unique to guns and shot pattern. One thing I would suggest is for sure treat yourself but don’t save them for comps. Changing to somthing you’re not used to for competitive use cannot improve results surely 

On 04/04/2021 at 20:22, Lloyd90 said:

Hull Comp X are the softest shooting cart I’ve tried and are very smooth... they’re also a budget cartridge that are very affordable. 

Have to agree. They are the softest 28gms I have shot.

The 'old' Hull Sporting 100 were soft before they messed around with the recipe and branding, now they're very average.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok my current fave are hull sorting 100’s 28 gram 8s plas wad good range fantastic patterns and very consistent for a mid price range shell when fired through my  browning 725.

I would say close to blue diamonds for low recoil .

my other light shells would be supper lights in 24g or 21g but not hugely popular up this way so sourcing at right price tricky.

Regards Agriv8 

On 07/04/2021 at 14:25, Wylye said:

Have to agree. They are the softest 28gms I have shot.

The 'old' Hull Sporting 100 were soft before they messed around with the recipe and branding, now they're very average.

That`s true,they can`t leave anything alone! They`re still a good cartridge but look grimey never mind the internals.

Hull CompX 21g are by far the softest shooting cart that's not a subsonic.

Being honest if your serious about comps stick with whatever cart your used to and your gun patterns well. Anything else will add a element of doubt if you start having a mare.

Most people if blindfolded and someone put a range of carts in their guns wouldn't know a so called top cart from the budget ones. Only what kicks more.

Don't forget also what I find smooth could kick you around and vice versa.

Even the cheapest carts are better than all of us.

My mate ran out of carts and all he could buy were Eley Amber 24g, we ribbed him about the pink cases but the patterns he got were very good smoking clays at all the ranges if the course. 

I have no idea what's smooth these days as they messed with recipes for most carts. 

Save your money for a few more entries.

Edited by figgy

19 minutes ago, Westley said:

Cheddite Smart Strikes in 7 1/2's and 8's either plastic or fibre. Awesome in a Browning ProSport through 1/4 and 1/4 chokes. The cheaper Trap Cheddites are pretty good too, as are their 'cheapo' range, the Rapeed.

I also shoot the smart strikes and particularly like the breaks but I have to say they are at the thumpy end of the spectrum in my opinion, eley select the smoothest I have used.