Clever & Sipe 30gram

15 hours ago, Centrepin said:

Has anyone any personal experience of either brand please?

I've been offered several slabs of both Clever & Sipe 30gram x 5s.

Other than being offered at a bargain  price of £45.00 a slab that's all I know.

Are they the yellow sipes, if so they are plastic wad not a problem (for me), they are a powerful cartridge, I'd have them in a breath (or go half's if localish) 🤑

No idea what they are other than 30gram 5s.

I've ordered 5 slabs from him, at that price I'll take the chance. Splitting them with my son and son in law......and maybe a few for my daughter. 

Unless I have an absolute bumper year on the pigeon/crows that'll be me done for at least a year.

Went Ona high bird shoot used sipe 32g  5  last drive of the day shot 4 very high birds .I was at the end of the line so everyone  was watching me  beaters stops and guns every commented on them used Mk 38 trap gun.Always remember that day 4 of the best birds I’ve ever shot.Shoot was Whitendale  and Brennand.near Trough of Bowland.

1 minute ago, dipper said:

Went Ona high bird shoot used sipe 32g  5  last drive of the day shot 4 very high birds .I was at the end of the line so everyone  was watching me  beaters stops and guns every commented on them used Mk 38 trap gun.Always remember that day 4 of the best birds I’ve ever shot.Shoot was Whitendale  and Brennand.near Trough of Bowland.

I use an MK 38 sporter for everything now, so I hope they'll suit that too.👍

17 hours ago, Centrepin said:

Has anyone any personal experience of either brand please?

I've been offered several slabs of both Clever & Sipe 30gram x 5s.

Other than being offered at a bargain  price of £45.00 a slab that's all I know.

I love Sipe. Don't use them often because my pheasants are not that extreme. Mr Simpson at Simpsons of Newmarket recommended the RC series to me and these are super. Even my picky peg share agrees they are a reliable cartridge. 

hmm i have just told the postman ill take £45.a slab for my yellow  32grm 5s.will have to revise my price now..

17 hours ago, Scully said:

This. I’d snap them up. Just bought a slab of SIPE a couple of week ago and they were 85 quid. It’s not like they won’t work. 🙂

1 minute ago, dessyb said:

hmm i have just told the postman ill take £45.a slab for my yellow  32grm 5s.will have to revise my price now..

5 minutes ago, dessyb said:

It might be you I'm getting them from? He might have said 32gram?  My son in law is a postman and he said its a friend of his. Maybe you're selling a Bretta too? He's took the money to collect after work Tues. 

Edited by Centrepin

2 hours ago, dessyb said:

the  carts your son in law wanted was a slab of clear pigeon 32 grm and a slab of sipe 32grm

That's the ones, my wife says I have selective hearing😇

He's got the money for you for 1 clear pigeon and 2 sipe.

I had the other 2 slabs he fetched last week, 28grams.

Thanks👍

Well whatever they are they're fast and hard hitting can't comment on the shoulder as I rarely feel anything unless I mount wrong.

Twas strange to be dropping yellow carts in a 12 bore was all I noticed on the downside.

Dropped a highish crow crosser dead in the air outside my pattern in a high wind. So maybe 45 - 50 yards max. So they'll do for me at £45 a slab.

Everything else hit was under 35 yards and no pricked birds.

Didn't use the Clever as I try not to mix carts unless clay shooting.

Guest cookoff013
On 08/04/2021 at 07:43, Scully said:

I was told by one of the staff at Malmö, that the vast majority of cartridge manufacturers use the same powder. 🤷‍♂️

Um not quite right. 

There are thousands of powders out there. Ones we cant buy. Some cartridge manufacturers make there own. Like maxam. Its a big group that have energeics production. In mainland europe certainly some powders are more common for loadings. Take gm3. Designed for high throughput loaders. 32g lead in 12gauge. Very common for economy comercial loadings. I managed to see a shipping manifest of powders coming into the country. It was part of some research i did on powders. And there was some good discoveries. Such as powders / powder alternate names. Also powders i havent heard before but have heard the parent name eg: "well known powder80" / "well known powder87"

The "well known" powder had single shipping names, single codes, description.