Hypoallergenic working dog food

Good luck with that one but if it helps any. . . . I have a fine bred/cost the earth/modern retriever ( I've had previous ones which have been fine but not as highly bred as this one )which was unhealthily skinny at an early age because of it's digestion and went through the vets money making recommendations of diet changes which included hypoallergenic food ( £60 a bag-ish ) and non of the foods settled him. . . . . He has been on 

https://www.crystalfeeds.co.uk/Working_Dog_Beef___Chicken_21__15kg__RRP_1598/p3057392_13269968.aspx

as are my labs and he is thriving, stools are good, plenty energy and is just starting to get strong. I know plenty working dogs of all breeds on the same grub and the owners are very happy

• 2 weeks later...

I feed my dogs an appropriate fresh diet and it doesn't work out much more than a decent kibble if you know what your doing. As far as kibbles go I like the eden working dog range and I believe it good value compared to others, it's not specifically hypo allergenic but it contains no grain as standard. 

To go on a slight tangent, I have a long track record of healthy dogs and I believe alot of it has to do with their diet. We know the worst food humans can eat is super processed food and effectively that's all dog kibble is, although their digestive system is different to ours they're still a mammal so why would it be any different. What I've spent in food over the years I seem to have gained in avoiding the vets other than the odd working injury. I dispair when I see people in the supermarket picking up sacks of wagg and the like. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 04/04/2021 at 17:37, mgsontour said:

Good luck with that one but if it helps any. . . . I have a fine bred/cost the earth/modern retriever ( I've had previous ones which have been fine but not as highly bred as this one )which was unhealthily skinny at an early age because of it's digestion and went through the vets money making recommendations of diet changes which included hypoallergenic food ( £60 a bag-ish ) and non of the foods settled him. . . . . He has been on 

https://www.crystalfeeds.co.uk/Working_Dog_Beef___Chicken_21__15kg__RRP_1598/p3057392_13269968.aspx

as are my labs and he is thriving, stools are good, plenty energy and is just starting to get strong. I know plenty working dogs of all breeds on the same grub and the owners are very happy

I know you posted a while back I only just read your comment, just wondered if you've considered your dog might have an alergy to poultry or other meat, that food has such low meat content and what is in there would be so undigestable anyway, that could be why your dog doesn't react to it. 

I've had success with some dogs with allergys to common dog food meats changing to white fish as the only meat source. 

12 hours ago, 12gauge82 said:

I know you posted a while back I only just read your comment, just wondered if you've considered your dog might have an alergy to poultry or other meat, that food has such low meat content and what is in there would be so undigestable anyway, that could be why your dog doesn't react to it. 

I've had success with some dogs with allergys to common dog food meats changing to white fish as the only meat source. 

He started on fish4dogs which proved out to be too rich for him