Single shot PCP Wanted Norfolk/Suffolk

Baldman111

30 minutes ago, Baldman111 said:

Looking for a budget single shot PCP. Trying to get my Father to stop using his springer on pigeons in his garden (health problems) but needs to be simple to use hence not wanting a multi shot!

Preferably in .22 and happy to consider one that needs fixing.

Tbh, multi shots are usually easier to load than messing with a single shot tray on a pcp. Magazines go in far easier.

Edited by Pangolin

7 hours ago, Pangolin said:

Tbh, multi shots are usually easier to load than messing with a single shot tray on a pcp. Magazines go in far easier.

7 hours ago, Pangolin said:

Also don’t forget it’ll need the tank recharging either by bottle or pump 

Really appreciate everyone’s input and this is what PW is all about but I’m after a single shot PCP. I’m more into Firearms and shotguns these days. However, I have 6 PCP’s all multi shot ranging from bolt action, side lever to MMC. I have stirrup pumps, two air cylinders and a small water cooled HP compressor. I service PCP’s for mates as well as tune my own. I’m not ‘up my own @@@@‘ (far from it actually) but this is probably the only way to explain that I kind of know what and why I’m after a single shot PCP?

42 minutes ago, Baldman111 said:

Really appreciate everyone’s input and this is what PW is all about but I’m after a single shot PCP. I’m more into Firearms and shotguns these days. However, I have 6 PCP’s all multi shot ranging from bolt action, side lever to MMC. I have stirrup pumps, two air cylinders and a small water cooled HP compressor. I service PCP’s for mates as well as tune my own. I’m not ‘up my own @@@@‘ (far from it actually) but this is probably the only way to explain that I kind of know what and why I’m after a single shot PCP?

SMK PR900W, under £200 new, comes in single shot.

7 hours ago, Baldman111 said:

I think it might be the way to go if nothing used comes up. Never had a PR900W on the bench so take that as a reliability thumbs up!

Hello, I have one in 22,  I just fitted an extra 3 D barrel band, easy to fill with a pump, been holding air and no leaks, going to get a 3 D single shot adapter, it pulls out to load pellet, Carm Magazines , it is for using through summer on farm with the chinese pump, cheers

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

33 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, I have one in 22,  I just fitted an extra 3 D barrel band, easy to fill with a pump, been holding air and no leaks, going to get a 3 D single shot adapter, it pulls out to load pellet, Carm Magazines , it is for using through summer on farm with the chinese pump, cheers

Thanks for that, you certainly seem happy with yours. I have Daystates and BSA's but bought a Kral for a winter project and after completely stripping it and putting it back together nicely, it's up there with the others with accuracy so starting to think more about a PR900W for the old fella. Do you have any idea what power yours has? All PCP's can be brought up to 11.5ft/lbs if they are a bit low but if it's no less than 10ft/lbs out of the box, that's plenty for pigeons at 25 yards and I don't have to get it on the fettling bench!

30 minutes ago, Baldman111 said:

Thanks for that, you certainly seem happy with yours. I have Daystates and BSA's but bought a Kral for a winter project and after completely stripping it and putting it back together nicely, it's up there with the others with accuracy so starting to think more about a PR900W for the old fella. Do you have any idea what power yours has? All PCP's can be brought up to 11.5ft/lbs if they are a bit low but if it's no less than 10ft/lbs out of the box, that's plenty for pigeons at 25 yards and I don't have to get it on the fettling bench!

Hello, never checked power but they say on web site around 11 ft llb, there's a few posts on the A G F where they strip and rebuild, or change to HPA ,look for a chap called Halinfax, if you buy a 900 let us see what you do on tune up and photos, cheers

On 04/04/2021 at 21:39, Baldman111 said:

Looking for a budget single shot PCP. Trying to get my Father to stop using his springer on pigeons in his garden (health problems) but needs to be simple to use hence not wanting a multi shot!

Preferably in .22 and happy to consider one that needs fixing.

Apologies if you are aware but please make sure your Dad is fully switched on to the rules concerning shooting birds as all are protected but allowed for certain species and conditions. Hot water can await the unwary?

• 3 weeks later...