Harkila Boots

chrisjpainter

Can anyone advise on the sizing style of Harkilas? I'm looking for some decent higher boots. I have short but fairly wide feet. My walking boots are a size 8 Meindl and fit beautifully, as do my Salewa trail shoes (8.5).

Also...are they worth the money? I'm looking at the Intrepid 10" boots at £170. Any other suggestions more than welcome though

(mods, is there mileage in a clothing subsection for the forum? I wasn't really sure where to post this, as I'm not sure it counts for 'guns and equipment')

55 minutes ago, Dave at kelton said:

Had a pair and sold them. Wore them five or six times and my feet ached liked hell as the sole was too, soft for me. I now were Brandecosse which are brilliant but more expensive.

How have you found the sizing for Brandecosse ? im generally a 9 but my meindl 9's nip a bit

Chrisjpainter, to answer your question about Harkila sizing. I always take size 9 boots, but found I needed a 91/2 in Harkila intrepids.  Found them satisfactory in all respects, however I damaged them and now wear Grisport Gamekeepers, size 9. Satisfactory so far, but no long term use or water test. Regards

Edited by benbobailey
Spelling

2 hours ago, benbobailey said:

Chrisjpainter, to answer your question about Harkila sizing. I always take size 9 boots, but found I needed a 91/2 in Harkila intrepids.  Found them satisfactory in all respects, however I damaged them and now wear Grisport Gamekeepers, size 9. Satisfactory so far, but no long term use or water test. Regards

that's useful, thank you. If I can get an 8.5 that might give me the wiggle room. How warm do you find the intrepids in summer? I'm torn between these and the woodsman boots, which are considerably lighter, so might not last as long, but would definitely not cook my feet in the warmer months, if such things exist this year

Chrisjpainter, I didn't find any noticeable heat problem with summer use nor any fault with cold winter wear. I accidentally punctured the intrepids on a sharp metal rod, otherwise I would still be wearing them. I couldn't find replacements at a favourable price, bought Grisport Gamekeepers and happy thus far.They are half the price of the more favoured branded boots and I will eventually find out quality comparison. You pays your money.......... Regards

Edited by benbobailey