Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hi everyone

im just looking for some information on this gun. (I will attach pictures) I can’t find anything on the web about it. It has been deactivated but I know nothing about it. Or what it worth. I was hoping some of you cleaver people could help me 😊

 

thanks everyone.

24C87290-7213-4AE5-B6CE-1C1F6265F34C.jpeg

4F809095-5E6B-462D-8D8B-BB4142B3955F.jpeg

25B36086-83FB-4A98-A6A5-AB6E246AA1BD.jpeg

759EFDE8-C521-43F3-8487-7C376CFA0A10.jpeg

81CEC9B8-60D1-426F-87BA-6A0584CDC9CB.jpeg

5A4F7F8C-1F3B-421C-A41F-0D0A587E856A.jpeg

52FB780A-4C84-4057-8F70-6568805FA724.jpeg

81FAD1F1-0558-4D07-8238-9510704712F3.jpeg

0C0D3CA5-C776-4938-BE2E-2AB5F2B8B1CC.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites

It was my grandfathers. He was fanatical about gun safety and following the law. Very good shot in his day too. I think it was something to do with the laws changing and him not having an appropriate certificate for it. I know I wish it wasent deactivated 😅

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JJsDad said:

I would suggest its also a modern repro !

That cardboard Uberti box wouldnt have survived from 1866 !!!

It's a model 1866, not from 1866...

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Louisnagiel said:

Thank you. Do you happen to know what it worth ? Deactivated

A lot  less than if it wasn't. What sort of deactivation certificate has it got? Some forms of earlier deacts can't be legally re sold now. Its a bit of a difficult area, very confusing information from the powers that be

People are reluctant to buy deacts because they fear more legislation.

 

Edited by Vince Green
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, NoBodyImportant said:

So does deactivated just mean the chamber is welded up?  If so could you not rebarrel it? 

There’s a lot more to it than that I’m afraid. Nowadays the whole point of deactivation is to render the firearm totally incapable of being reactivated. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for the info guys 👍🏻 I won’t be selling it was just curious. I will keep the gun for display because it’s a gorgeous looking gun. I will in the future look at getting it deactivated if possible with following all the right laws and regulations. Appreciate it guys 😊

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Scully said:

There’s a lot more to it than that I’m afraid. Nowadays the whole point of deactivation is to render the firearm totally incapable of being reactivated. 

That’s a shame.  But a lever action permit is easy to get is it not?  I would think it to be similar to a bolt action.  Plus the cost of a cabinet of course.  But I guess it would be to late now anyway.  I just hate to see family heirlooms destroyed.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NoBodyImportant said:

That’s a shame.  But a lever action permit is easy to get is it not?  I would think it to be similar to a bolt action.  Plus the cost of a cabinet of course.  But I guess it would be to late now anyway.  I just hate to see family heirlooms destroyed.  

I’m afraid in our nation of authoritarian bed wetters, ANY working firearm capable of using commercially available ammo is subject to the strictest vetting and legislative procedures. 
In view of the post below, make that read ‘ANY working or none working firearm’! See what I mean. 🙂

Edited by Scully
Link to post
Share on other sites
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Modafinale said:

Louis unfortunately you can’t, you have to submit it to a RFD to store it or have it deactivated to current standards if it’s deactivated to old spec ( eg the action cycles ) 

 

Hi modafinale. Sorry don’t quite understand what you mean. Are you saying I can’t have it reactivated? Bit of a pain if not 😔 I’m happy to have it deactivated to current standards and report to home office that it is under my possession. That would be okay wouldn’t it ? So confusing all these laws. Thanks for your help though pal appreciate it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Louis 

if the rifle was deactivated before I believe 2016 it would be the old style ie- The action works 

it is illegal to sell, loan or gift 

has to be surrendered to RFD for either correct deactivation or destroyed 

(you can’t legally keep it unless it’s the newer deactivated )

the new deactivated firearms are welded so don’t work.

also the latest update 2020 you have to notify the home office that you have a deactivated firearm ( no cost involved)

 

hope that helps 

Dean

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Modafinale said:

Hi Louis 

if the rifle was deactivated before I believe 2016 it would be the old style ie- The action works 

it is illegal to sell, loan or gift 

has to be surrendered to RFD for either correct deactivation or destroyed 

(you can’t legally keep it unless it’s the newer deactivated )

the new deactivated firearms are welded so don’t work.

also the latest update 2020 you have to notify the home office that you have a deactivated firearm ( no cost involved)

 

hope that helps 

Dean

That’s interesting. I sold two in the late ‘90’s I’d bought in my teens. I wonder if he knows! 🙂

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...