Knife recommendations

Wb123

I have stuck with opinel carbones in various sizes for the last few years as they lock but also easily sharpen to a razor sharp edge. In the last year however the locks have undone themselves on three or more occasions whilst using the knives, on one occasion cutting the nerve to my dominant index finger, and a few near misses. I have now lost confidence in them and want to try something else. 

Could anyone recommend something fairly traditional, ideally made in the western world, even more ideally made in the uk, that takes such a wonderful edge as readily but with a more fail proof locking system. 

There are so many good knives available  at the moment .I've been buying knives from 

Cold steel .buck.  crkt .kershaw .Blackfox.byrd . Even whitby .

My current fave is a slipjoint knife from byrd called the   tern .

But there are other lockers available  if you want .

They tend to use 8cr13 mov  steel .which I find is good value  sharpens easily but holds a good edge for a long time .

Spyderco  knives are USA  or Italian made and are great designs and quality materials but a bit pricey .

Have a look on heinnie haynes Web site .they have almost every knife under the sun and are excellent to deal with .highly  recommended  company .

Screenshot_20210408-223445_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Ultrastu

Good old Opinel takes a lot of beating, particularly the 'Ditchman' Special.  I also have a Swiss Army Hunting Tool which is superb and includes a saw b;lade which cuts bone like butter. I have never seen one for sale in the UK and this one was a gift from a Slovenian friend.

001.JPG

Edited by Walker570