S X S USA

Blackpowder

On another site dedicated to S X S guns which seems  to have mainly American members there seems to be a rise in popularity of  S X S guns.  In the States there seems to be quite a  bit of  diy gunsmithing with people discussing renovating inexpensive s x s guns which would be consigned to the the scrap heap over here.   Having said that seeing some photos of really nice guns, the best of course being British made but some nice work from France , Belgium and Germany also.

Blackpowder

51 minutes ago, Blackpowder said:

On another site dedicated to S X S guns which seems  to have mainly American members there seems to be a rise in popularity of  S X S guns.  In the States there seems to be quite a  bit of  diy gunsmithing with people discussing renovating inexpensive s x s guns which would be consigned to the the scrap heap over here.   Having said that seeing some photos of really nice guns, the best of course being British made but some nice work from France , Belgium and Germany also.

Blackpowder

What site is that ?

Feltwad

6 hours ago, Blackpowder said:

Blackpowder

Are they putting steel or lead through them? 

5 hours ago, Feltwad said:

What site is that ?

Feltwad

S X S Shotgun Society

Blackpowder

8 minutes ago, Scully said:

Are they putting steel or lead through them? 

Both I would imaging although the discussion seems more about guns than shooting

Blackpowder

6 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Wabbitbosher will be filling a shipping container as we speak!

By what I have read over the weeks he would sell them no problem.

Blackpowder

1 hour ago, Centrepin said:

I have an American SBS. Fox model B, made by the Savage Arms corporation. 

Non ejector, single trigger. Apparently they make the best and most reliable single trigger SBS. 

Very robust and sturdy gun, quite heavy too at 7 1/2lbs.

Ahh nice. I always wanted an A.H. Fox.

I have two Parker Bros. a 12 bore "Trojan" model. And a 16 bore VH grade. I love shooting the 16.

• 1 month later...

The Fox model b is not a true AH Fox. It is a sturdy but very plain Steven's model 311 re-profiled to look like a real Fox gun. This was done by the stevens company after purchasing the AH Fox Name.  To complicate things further Stevens now takes CSMCs Rbl model re-profiled like a real Fox and sells it as An" A "grade. The RBL is a good gun but again not a true Fox. Ironically CSMC actually makes true AH Fox guns per custom order but they are priced as you would expect a bespoke gun to cost. I began shooting with a model b and it kindled a love of SXS shotguns .