BBC

Centrepin

As a starting point I would like to see the Beeb and all of its sprawling tentacles run as a workable business.

That might slim them down, remove a lot of duplication and make them value themselves realistically.

Edited by TIGHTCHOKE
CAPITALISATION!

I understand people's frustrations but the solution is easy:

If you don't watch or record live TV as it's broadcast, you don't need a licence.

Use catch up services* and your choice of Netflix/Prime/Disney.  Simple.  Cancel your direct debit. 

Jump through the hoops to tell TVL if you feel you need to, by all accounts they don't believe you anyway, so might as well not bother.  All threatening letters are used for firelighters.

*But not Iplayer

The BBC are busy heaping up their own funeral pyre anyway, no need to fund them whilst they do so.

Successive BBC Chairpersons, in repeatedly claiming that the BBC makes an important contribution to our way of life, display not only recidivist Victorian arrogance but their sheer hubris is eye watering.

The BBC  is simply an entertainment organisation and one which, during my lifetime, has transformed itself from a national broadcaster of quality and impartiality into a purveyor of junk TV shows, left wing propaganda and dumbed down content, presented by the likes of Packham and Heap, aimed at either children or grownups who don't have adult brains. (e.g. Countryfile).

I am about to cancel my licence.