Air arms s400 losing air

RX1000

I am trying to figure out if it is what i need , When i pull the bolt back the air leaks out the cylinder into the barrel until the bolt is loaded then i can  put air in the tank and fire it but reload it empties . So was going to buy this kit s492 . my pot is lose after the thread and i see it does come apart . Has anyone had the same issue and if so what did you do to cure it . Many thanks in advance 

I'm not to familiar  with air arms 

But it sounds like the firing valve is leaking at the knock open valve .allowing air into the barrel .the fact it holds air until you pull the bolt back would indicate you have a pellet stuck up you barrel .blocking air exit via the muzzle  

Edited by Ultrastu

23 hours ago, Ultrastu said:

I'm not to familiar  with air arms 

But it sounds like the firing valve is leaking at the knock open valve .allowing air into the barrel .the fact it holds air until you pull the bolt back would indicate you have a pellet stuck up you barrel .blocking air exit via the muzzle  

Barrel is free of pellets and yes i was thinking firing valve , i took the air cylinder off and the pot does not seem right the threaded end is solid bit the end is lose if you know what i mean , it comes apart but should not .. Many thanks though

20 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, I was going to say breech seal but must be an internal seal or as Ultrastu mentioned, you could ask cloverleaf on the AGF forum, he know these AAs very well, 

Cheers ill ask .

23 hours ago, enfieldspares said:

I use Ratworks in Leicestershire. He has never let me down.

Cheers.

2 hours ago, RX1000 said:

Barrel is free of pellets and yes i was thinking firing valve , i took the air cylinder off and the pot does not seem right the threaded end is solid bit the end is lose if you know what i mean , it comes apart but should not .. Many thanks though

Cheers ill ask .

Cheers.

Hello, I would just put your on post up on AGF then should get some good info, 

On 10/04/2021 at 14:55, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, I was going to say breech seal but must be an internal seal or as Ultrastu mentioned, you could ask cloverleaf on the AGF forum, he know these AAs very well, 

What is / where is the AFG forum ?  New to these sites. sorry 

RX1000? not a kawasaki fan by any chance? Your gun is simple to work on, it is also one of the best PCP rifles ever built (others will disagree but they're talking rubbish), get it to a Airgun smith and get it serviced, might cost you £100, but the gun is worth that 5 times over if you intend to use /rely on it. 

5 hours ago, redshrimp said:

Thank you 

3 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, UK airgun forum, 👍

Thank you .

3 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, as above, the 400 is most like the best single shot pcp of all time, if your going to keep it get a service done, Air Arms do this and will last many more years, just take the stock off, send to AA by parcel force 48 and it will come back like new, 👍

Cheers bud ill write to them see what they say 

3 hours ago, bruno22rf said:

RX1000? not a kawasaki fan by any chance? Your gun is simple to work on, it is also one of the best PCP rifles ever built (others will disagree but they're talking rubbish), get it to a Airgun smith and get it serviced, might cost you £100, but the gun is worth that 5 times over if you intend to use /rely on it. 

Had about 10 of them lol have 1 at moment Yes i want to keep it just bought it and love it so going to sort it . Many thanks for the help