the etiquette of shooting with big groups

quentyn

26 minutes ago, Officer Barbrady said:

I assume “Strawbailer” is a derogatory term for someone?

16 minutes ago, WalkedUp said:

I understand straw baler to be a term to describe an informal “straw bale” clay shoot. The set up is generally in an agricultural field under the 28 day rule with traps and stands (often straw bales or 3 pallets etc) that may be moved about or brought in completely. 

And often held for a charity, like a new spire for the village church.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

36 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

And often held for a charity, like a new spire for the village church.

53 minutes ago, WalkedUp said:

I understand straw baler to be a term to describe an informal “straw bale” clay shoot. The set up is generally in an agricultural field under the 28 day rule with traps and stands (often straw bales or 3 pallets etc) that may be moved about or brought in completely. 

👍

I like shooting in large groups, but 90% of the time we are in the front yard of someone’s house and it is very informal.  The city park has a few stands and it’s really cheap but they have a one shooter per stand rule.   But I honest prefer to have someone to shoot against and long as people are honest and call the shots correctly.  You know if you hit the clay but some people will call it even though the clay broke a second before they even fired. 

• 1 month later...

I shoot in a group and I enjoy having a good day and a laugh with the guys, we don't see each other outside of the shoot so it's always good to see them, as a group we are a more the merrier kind so often pick up lone shooters or beginners and try help out with their shooting. Personally I would let a smaller group shoot through 1st as i have been on the receiving side waiting for large groups to clear off. 

• 4 weeks later...

Classic happened Sunday, were waiting as the 3 in front finish, another group of 6 turn up and move into the stand, so I day excuse me we're next only to be told "oh no we're with them we're just  moving along and joining them as they finish" 

Not IMPRESSED, travel as a group or shoot seperate