More poor judgement?

TIGHTCHOKE

I'm not sure which is most stupid . Doing it ?, or filming it and sending it to a copper ?.

The worst part of it , is that two police officers were happy to do it , and we're happy to send the evidence to other police officers , confident in the knowledge that other officers would cover up their wrongdoing,  fortunately,  the other officers had more integrity .

Recovered quite a few high performace cars in my time, a few Elans and at least one Alpha if my old memory serves me. We drove Jags at the time so no need to put the foot to the floor for a thrill. As said the big stupidity is they had to tell everyone through the media.  The ban does seem a bit harsh and maybe there where other issues not being reported.  In my time you would have been going to work in a helmet and boots from that day on, walking the beat but of course that is not an option these days.

7 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

Recovered quite a few high performace cars in my time, a few Elans and at least one Alpha if my old memory serves me. We drove Jags at the time so no need to put the foot to the floor for a thrill. As said the big stupidity is they had to tell everyone through the media.  The ban does seem a bit harsh and maybe there where other issues not being reported.  In my time you would have been going to work in a helmet and boots from that day on, walking the beat but of course that is not an option these days.

Perhaps is because now they (the police) take almost anyone with a college or university education but generally no common sense.

I suspect that in your day, you were recruited for being able to physically complete a shift and show common sense in any given circumstance.