Houseplant

5 hours ago, Scully said:

No, I think that’s a small child in the background Ditchy! 😂

Haha!

5 hours ago, WalkedUp said:

Good result 👍

Thanks.

5 hours ago, Walker570 said:

Will never forget the hillside moving down in the South Island, must have been a couple of hundred.  Do you use them.  There used to be a competition in the South Island I believe for the best bag taken within so many hours.

My wife is now so good at cooking bunny biryani that I butchered all of those animals. The ones taken after dark will be dog food.

4 hours ago, Lloyd90 said:

Can you do walked up shooting of rabbits over Spaniels? 

You could, in fact, you can pretty much do whatever you like when it comes to rabbits and other pests.

4 hours ago, sam triple said:

Nice going , Mixie seems to be doing the rounds about here

Thanks. Luckily for me, myxomatosis never got a foot hold here, but we do have rabbit haemorrhagic viral disease.

1 hour ago, Scully said:

Get a couple of ferrets for your lad, he’ll love them! 🙂👍

Ferrets are pretty much banned in NZ. I believe you can get a permit under exceptional circumstances, but it's not easy. It would be far easier to obtain a Firearms Licence and buy a 50 cal rifle than own a ferret! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/04/2021 at 22:59, Houseplant said:

Ferrets are pretty much banned in NZ. I believe you can get a permit under exceptional circumstances, but it's not easy. It would be far easier to obtain a Firearms Licence and buy a 50 cal rifle than own a ferret! 

I would imagine that a lost ferret could do some serious harm to the native wildlife over there.

4 hours ago, mel b3 said:

I would imagine that a lost ferret could do some serious harm to the native wildlife over there.

That's true. Stoats, weasels, ferrets, hedgehogs, rats and mice, as well as possums from Australia have devastated indigenous bird life according to the experts. While I agree it's a problem, I don't think air dropping thousands of tons of poison (1080) on to our forests is the solution, also killing deer and wild boar. Anyway, that's a discussion for another time. If there's one thing that raises my hackles, it's this issue!

Edited by Houseplant

7 minutes ago, Houseplant said:

That's true. Stoats, weasels, ferrets, hedgehogs, rats and mice, as well as possums from Australia have devastated indigenous bird life according to the experts. While I agree it's a problem, I don't think air dropping thousands of tons of poison (1080) on to our forests is the solution, also killing deer and wild boar. Anyway, that's a discussion for another time. If there's one thing that raises my hackles, it's this issue!

ive reads a few bits about the 1080 thing , and it sounds like a very unpleasant business.

On 11/04/2021 at 16:40, Lloyd90 said:

Can you do walked up shooting of rabbits over Spaniels? 

On 11/04/2021 at 20:57, Houseplant said:

You could, in fact, you can pretty much do whatever you like when it comes to rabbits and other pests.

Have you booked your plane tickets yet Lloyd? :D