It doesn't get much better...

Walker570

... I just love April and October.  Just coming back up from doing some jobs in the wood and the orchard is starting to burst with blossom. The plums and cherries first, then the pears and lastly the apples fill April and May with a sight for sore eyes.  The daffodils around here this year seem to have excelled themselves even on road sides where people have dumped garden waste in the past.  A couple of sharpish frosts tonight and tomorrow but I don't think it will hit my blossoms as they are on a slope just above the frost pocket. It is a lot of work keeping this place tidy but well worth while and we are blessed for sure.

003.jpg

Edited by Walker570

This morning the shaded half of my outbuilding's flat roof was covered in frost whilst the other half was steaming in the sun!  I drove through a village this afternoon in glorious sunshine at about 1:30 with my t-shirt on and windows down, van heating turned to cold... and drove past a small snowdrift at the base of a stone wall!!

Very bizarre weather we get at this time of year.

On 12/04/2021 at 17:19, JohnfromUK said:

Woke up to a dusting of snow - seen here on my tulips.

Your tulips look better than mine - the &%^£ munties have had half of them already, technically the grass verge they are planted in is council owned so we just have to put up with a lesser display. 

Just now, 243deer said:

the &%^£ munties have had half of them already

My tulips don't get raided.  They were one of these 'mixed bulb offers - 1 day only' from Thompson and Morgan a couple of years back and have done really well - though the colour is not a great favourite.  Both dafs and tulips have done very well this year, I like to think because I dead headed well last year (being confined to the garden)

Pheasant that visits nips all the buds from my anenomies - except red for some bizarre reason!

On 12/04/2021 at 16:51, Walker570 said:

... I just love April and October.  Just coming back up from doing some jobs in the wood and the orchard is starting to burst with blossom. The plums and cherries first, then the pears and lastly the apples fill April and May with a sight for sore eyes.  The daffodils around here this year seem to have excelled themselves even on road sides where people have dumped garden waste in the past.  A couple of sharpish frosts tonight and tomorrow but I don't think it will hit my blossoms as they are on a slope just above the frost pocket. It is a lot of work keeping this place tidy but well worth while and we are blessed for sure.

003.jpg

Now that's a superb picture of endeavour?