Sneaked for a pint

Agriv8

1 hour ago, Agriv8 said:

Anyone else sneaked for a pint while ‘taking the dog for a walk’

Agriv8

I drove past a pub this evening,  sunny but cold 7°C and every bench was full, most had big jackets,  some had blankets but I'm sure they were happy,  hardest thing about nights driving past beer gardens. 

3 minutes ago, eggy74 said:

He doesnt know it yet, but taking my workmate to the pub for one after work tomorrow to discuss letting him go 😶 

Ouch - I just talked to the dog but I a bit bonkers like that  ! I walked past and they were a good few tables available so scanned in and sat down table service not too shabby but sold out of landlord bitter so had to settle for a wainwright’s but a good pint to be fair. Might have to repeat tomorrow as dog hasn’t guide got the steadiness training sorted just yet. so its important to repeat regularly What do you reckon ?

1 hour ago, JTaylor91 said:

It’s my 30th Wednesday, I will get a couple in then.

30 wow -  I don’t recall I spent much time out of the pub in my 30s ( life before wife and kids ) happy birthday and aim for a few more than a couple !! 

ATB Agriv8 

2 hours ago, JTaylor91 said:

It’s my 30th Wednesday, I will get a couple in then.

Get a table booked 👍

I took my team to a lovely pub today and sat in mature landscaped grounds (former country house) overlooking open countryside. It was beautifully sunny with a slight cool breeze. The beer, Trapper’s Hat, was fabulous. I was driving so my second drink was a BrewDog “Nanny State” 0.1%er. It was awful. Braised shoulder of lamb was lovely. But only just finished work after making up for lost time 🙈 still worth it though 💪

I was gagging for a pint when I drove past a cracking country pub yesterday , the beer garden was filled with people eating food out of baskets , and I so badly wanted to join them . It's funny really , because I haven't gone to the pub for a pint for about 15 years . I must have covid cabin fever.

looking at those TV pics of thousands of people getting slaughtered..........looking like a cross between a brewery break in and a orgy.....after all what we have been thro in the last year or so ....makes me feel very uncomfortable.......

19 hours ago, WalkedUp said:

Get a table booked 👍

I took my team to a lovely pub today and sat in mature landscaped grounds (former country house) overlooking open countryside. It was beautifully sunny with a slight cool breeze. The beer, Trapper’s Hat, was fabulous. I was driving so my second drink was a BrewDog “Nanny State” 0.1%er. It was awful. Braised shoulder of lamb was lovely. But only just finished work after making up for lost time 🙈 still worth it though 💪

You had me at trappers hat as for shoulder of lamb nope the ****** sprocker would not sit for that long ! PS - can I come and work for you ?

8 hours ago, ditchman said:

looking at those TV pics of thousands of people getting slaughtered..........looking like a cross between a brewery break in and a orgy.....after all what we have been thro in the last year or so ....makes me feel very uncomfortable.......

Ditchey - big pub in a small village all the regulars had got piddled and sent home by the time the ‘dog needed a rest !!’ ! Too cold for most to sit out but I was warm enough in my thick shooting jacket - it was not like the photos in the red tops !!! 

Anyway wife has sussed and has decided to join me for this evening’s stroll 😒

Agriv8 

dont get me wrong....fill yer boots...........its just with one thing and another...i have been in lockdown for such a long while now...i have become really anti social....i activly shun people now and stay away from any gathering..........i shudder to think of me going to a pub....my mind has been so conditioned  by lockdown et al...........it will take me months to get my brain right again........