BLIMEY, Woman Officer Fires Pistol, but thought she had her Tazer drawn!

TIGHTCHOKE

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crikey. I watch many videos of American police badge cams (the good and bad of it) when I have 5 mins to kill in the small room. I am unsure if there is any selection criteria or training offered in some counties. The woman officers are frequently dreadful.

I watched one lady policeman deliberately wind up a placid but mentally disabled man sat in his own home, she tried to wrestle him rather than wait for back up, comprehensive lost the wrestling match, then drew her gun and accidentally shot the man’s elderly mother, the man then got angry and took the gun off of her (which she had jammed through limp wristing), and knock her to the ground again. A male police officer turned up and sorted the situation. In another video the woman police officer (with 2” acrylic pink finger nails) hid behind a column during an armed robbery then started winging shots off at 40 yards towards the fleeing felons (in the direction of a busy road, houses play area etc). 

I personally know a couple of women police officers in the UK, they hard highly trained, very fit and very controlled. There are many others equally talent. The one who shot the terrorist who beheaded Lee Rigby for example.  

31 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

As if the USA didn't have enough to deal with.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/minnesota-police-shoot-kill-man-traffic-stop-incident-77013203

A senior female Police Officer drew her pisto;l and shot a suspect while thinking she was using her tazer.

I wonder what she will be charged with?

Yeah, it's an odd one! She's on desk duty right now, but the video seems to stack up with what's being claimed. I doubt they'll bring murder charges of any degree; it seems clear it was accidental discharge and the guy drove off, denying any chance of potentially life saving intervention by the cops.

I raised an eyebrow at this:

'Shortly after the shooting, demonstrators began to gather, with some jumping atop police cars. Marchers also descended on the Brooklyn Center Police Department, where rocks and other objects were thrown at officers. About 20 businesses were broken into at the city’s Shingle Creek shopping center, authorities said'

20 business broken into? And the BLM movement wonders why it doesn't get universal traction! Humanity failing on just about every level in this story

Surprised it was a senior officer....though senior does not necessarily mean they reached that rank as a result of time spent on patrol, etc.

The worst example I saw a few months back was from New York, possibly the transit system police. It had happened a few years ago.
Police officer shoots & kills an unarmed man who was walking away up some stairs - he got five years probation!!

The general public, always helpful during a rightful arrest:

https://metro.co.uk/2020/05/17/police-officers-disarming-teen-knife-shouted-not-wearing-face-masks-12715769/

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/basildon-essex-petrol-attack-police-b672814.html

https://news.sky.com/story/two-police-officers-kicked-and-heckled-by-crowd-as-they-arrest-suspect-in-mcdonalds-11484254

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/11785681/crowd-jeers-cop-kicked-to-ground/

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/06/10/sickening-police-assault-east-london-condemned-priti-patel/

And you wonder why the police are jumpy...

* Also, I did not select these based upon race of the aggravating crowd/attackers - I appreciate it is disproportionate to the UK population  but these were just some known recent incidents. I’m sure there are plenty more by other aggressors and crowds in the UK. 

First of all, no such thing as accidental. It's either deliberate or negligent.

Second, regardless of skin colour, if he wasn't an alleged scumbag resisting arrest he wouldn't now be dead.

Pity a few more aren't shot, the world would be better without them. Again regardless of skin as there are plenty enough white scumbags also.

I recall an article in ‘Guns & Ammo’ back when I were a lad, concerning a US female police officer who had emptied her 9mm service pistol at a baddy, in a busy street, not hitting him once. It was a double stacked magazine, and she was in the process of reloading when a fellow officer stopped her. 

That’s 18 rounds with a busy high street as a backstop. 🙂

3 minutes ago, Scully said:

I recall an article in ‘Guns & Ammo’ back when I were a lad, concerning a US female police officer who had emptied her 9mm service pistol at a baddy, in a busy street, not hitting him once. It was a double stacked magazine, and she was in the process of reloading when a fellow officer stopped her. 

It certainly makes the mind boggle. The standard of training in all aspects appears to be woeful. 

1 hour ago, WalkedUp said:

The general public, always helpful during a rightful arrest:

https://metro.co.uk/2020/05/17/police-officers-disarming-teen-knife-shouted-not-wearing-face-masks-12715769/

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/basildon-essex-petrol-attack-police-b672814.html

https://news.sky.com/story/two-police-officers-kicked-and-heckled-by-crowd-as-they-arrest-suspect-in-mcdonalds-11484254

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/11785681/crowd-jeers-cop-kicked-to-ground/

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/06/10/sickening-police-assault-east-london-condemned-priti-patel/

* Also, I did not select these based upon race of the aggravating crowd/attackers - I appreciate it is disproportionate to the UK population  but these were just some known recent incidents. I’m sure there are plenty more by other aggressors and crowds in the UK. 

Disproportionate to uk population...but then so are the proportions of UK population committing the offences. 

It really winds me up when news outlets, the BBC being the prime culprit reporting that “minority group A is X times more likely to be convicted of offence B” with an implication of a racist justice system, rather than actually reporting “minority groups A is X times more likely to commit offence B” 

Edited by oscarsdad

8 hours ago, Jim Neal said:

What a different world the USA is compared to here 😮  On a slow news day we could have a headline-worthy story like "Vicar's bicycle stolen from village green!"

what ...............like this morning on sky and BBC......................"woman has giant rabbit stolen......."

15 minutes ago, Scully said:

Indeed. I get the impression that the default reaction setting for anything the American armed forces do is one of over-reaction. 

Then empty magazine in general direction of perceived threat, with rapid fired, poorly aimed shots 😂

2 hours ago, WalkedUp said:

I remember one from a while back. The police were getting all sort of aggro from youths standing around videoing it. Some yelling 'Is this a police state now?' and 'Police brutality!' Then the officer pulled a machete out of the suspects trousers. It turns out most police do actually know what they're doing!

1 hour ago, Scully said:

That reminds me of the shooting of Amadou Diallo in 1999. He was a Guinean immigrant stopped outside his apartment. One of four cops mis-ID'd him as a rape suspect from a year before, They all opened fire and discharged 41 rounds at him - but only hit him 19 times. Witness report they carried on firing when he was lying on the ground. How bad is their aim that less than 50% hit, even when the guy was lying on the ground for part of it??

Questions I have are how do you not know which firearm you have drawn (weight, feel, how and where it was holstered, safety catch difference/similarity). Then you have to ask why they said "Taser" specifically, can you really go through the mental check list and the muscle memory of the above and still think it is a taser in your hand?

40 minutes ago, chrisjpainter said:

That reminds me of the shooting of Amadou Diallo in 1999. He was a Guinean immigrant stopped outside his apartment. One of four cops mis-ID'd him as a rape suspect from a year before, They all opened fire and discharged 41 rounds at him - but only hit him 19 times. Witness report they carried on firing when he was lying on the ground. How bad is their aim that less than 50% hit, even when the guy was lying on the ground for part of it??

A bit of clarity on this.

https://www.city-journal.org/html/diallo-truth-diallo-falsehood-12011.html

1 hour ago, Rewulf said:

Er...the article agrees with almost everything that I put. Not much clarity beyond that needed, except that the account that they kept firing after he was down came from a defence witness (initially). Not a very good one, as it turned out, because the defence made her into a hostile witness in the end, so it seems her testimony is as chaotic as everyone else's. Her testimony seems to be as helpful and as damaging to both cases - in equal measure! First (yup, she went to the press before the cops!) that she heard a cop shout 'GUN!' but in her official statement it was only 'someone' shouting 'gun!' She was on the same side of the street, then a different side of the street. She didn't want to talk about it, so called the press. I'm not too sure the defence or the prosecution really knew what to do with her. 

They all got off the charges and I don't think there was anything deliberately malicious about it, just a lot of bad practice. 

Thank goodness it was at almost 1am - so that none of the FMJ bullets hit anyone else as they 'ricocheted into the street'. 

6 minutes ago, henry d said:

Look online at the photo of her with a colleague, it's taken from a higher level, you can see she has her handgun RHS and taser LHS. How do you mistake one for the other?

She's yelling TASER! too, so it's not if there weren't audible clues that this is lefty-zappy not righty-shooty time. It's also bright yellow...Too much muscle and cerebral memory of constantly drawing your gun in stressful situations? 

Edited by chrisjpainter

1 hour ago, chrisjpainter said:

Er...the article agrees with almost everything that I put. Not much clarity beyond that needed

I disagree .

3 hours ago, chrisjpainter said:

One of four cops mis-ID'd him as a rape suspect from a year before, They all opened fire and discharged 41 rounds at him - but only hit him 19 times. Witness report they carried on firing when he was lying on the ground. How bad is their aim that less than 50% hit, even when the guy was lying on the ground for part of it??

A casual look at the above could easily make the reader believe that Amidou was randomly targeted by 4 cops, in an open area , who fired 41 rounds at him with poor accuracy , and continued to fire once he was down.

The reality is that he was up a flight of steps in partial cover, it was dark, in a crime ridden neighbourhood.
One cop believing a suspect was armed, opened fire, then fell down the steps.
Other cops thought the shots fired came from the suspect, and had hit and incapacitated the first cop.
Resultant ricochets and confusion, made them believe fire was being returned at them , so continued firing, as is their training , until the suspect was down,
The use of FMJs , although probably killing Amidou early on , left his body in a position where this was not obvious.

So , a 50 % hit rate , at 1am in an adrenaline fueled confrontation , where you believe you are being shot at, with one of your buddies already believed down ?

So yes , I thought it needed some clarity.

5 hours ago, henry d said:

Questions I have are how do you not know which firearm you have drawn (weight, feel, how and where it was holstered, safety catch difference/similarity). Then you have to ask why they said "Taser" specifically, can you really go through the mental check list and the muscle memory of the above and still think it is a taser in your hand?

Spot on.  In this case a panic attack/stress shoot.  It has happened in the UK but very rarely where a firearm has been discharged under a stress situation. All down to training and judgement of choice of the person to do the job.

2 hours ago, Rewulf said:

I disagree .

A casual look at the above could easily make the reader believe that Amidou was randomly targeted by 4 cops, in an open area , who fired 41 rounds at him with poor accuracy , and continued to fire once he was down.

The reality is that he was up a flight of steps in partial cover, it was dark, in a crime ridden neighbourhood.
One cop believing a suspect was armed, opened fire, then fell down the steps.
Other cops thought the shots fired came from the suspect, and had hit and incapacitated the first cop.
Resultant ricochets and confusion, made them believe fire was being returned at them , so continued firing, as is their training , until the suspect was down,
The use of FMJs , although probably killing Amidou early on , left his body in a position where this was not obvious.

So , a 50 % hit rate , at 1am in an adrenaline fueled confrontation , where you believe you are being shot at, with one of your buddies already believed down ?

So yes , I thought it needed some clarity.

have all the clarity we need when someone gets shot for having his hand in his pocket unless you SEE a firearm you have no right whatsoever to fire on someone time after time same story as always people being shot and killed BEFORE confirming there even IS a threat i thought he had a gun it was dark someone called gun excuses excuses excuses