BLIMEY, Woman Officer Fires Pistol, but thought she had her Tazer drawn!

TIGHTCHOKE

7 hours ago, Rewulf said:

Again ,Ive got to disagree, as did Mesa County , who (unsuccessfully) prosecuted the 26 year old cop for 2nd degree murder....You do know the cop opened fired on the man on the floor shortly after the video ends, putting 5 rounds into him at 5 yards ?

Power tripping cop aside, the 26 year old father of 2 , being made to crawl on the floor in his boxer shorts and t shirt was perceived to be 'going for a gun' and was drunk.

Cop was retired with full pension, and is currently trying to sue Mesa county for PTSD caused  to him from the incident.

I'm with you on this, that was one of the most shocking police shootings I've seen, I don't even know where to begin on everything that officer did wrong. 

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Centrepin said:

No, but up to the video finishing I see no problems. Confined space, he perceived an armed threat and acted accordingly.

The problem with all videos like this, we don't see before and in this one we don't see after. I simply can't comment on why he opened fire.

Centrepin, apologies I have linked the cropped video. My mistake. I am pretty brutalised but even I find it quite harrowing to watch and so didn’t watch the clip I linked to the end to check it was the right one. I’ll link the full video but be warned it’s pretty rough. 

9 hours ago, WalkedUp said:

Centrepin, apologies I have linked the cropped video. My mistake. I am pretty brutalised but even I find it quite harrowing to watch and so didn’t watch the clip I linked to the end to check it was the right one. I’ll link the full video but be warned it’s pretty rough. 

That shows it in a completely differant light, absolutely no reason to open fire at all. The Policeman was out of order. In this clip you can actually hear the drunken man crying. As I said previously, you need the full story to draw a rational conclusion.

2 hours ago, discobob said:

That is so disturbing! It brought tears to my eyes - that poor guy was absolutely terrified.

Strangely enough, there were no riots, looting or calls to defund the police after this. 

In my view that cop was on a total power trip, it was as if he had talking himself into firing on that poor man WHAT EVER he did to comply. 

It was described in some media as an execution, and its not far off. 

The fact the shooters father is a popular police sergeant in Mesa PD helped him claim his pension. 

10 hours ago, Centrepin said:

That shows it in a completely differant light, absolutely no reason to open fire at all. The Policeman was out of order. In this clip you can actually hear the drunken man crying. As I said previously, you need the full story to draw a rational conclusion.

You drew a conclusion without knowing the full story :hmm:

Centrepin I see no problem with the first one, the guy on the floor needs to listen and obey. Why does the Policeman need to risk his life. Its a narrow corridor if another Policeman was to pass him, they'd both be at risk. Absolutely no brutality, not far from text book.

Edited by ordnance

6 hours ago, Rewulf said:

Strangely enough, there were no riots, looting or calls to defund the police after this. 

In my view that cop was on a total power trip, it was as if he had talking himself into firing on that poor man WHAT EVER he did to comply. 

It was described in some media as an execution, and its not far off. 

The fact the shooters father is a popular police sergeant in Mesa PD helped him claim his pension. 

Your right it wasn't far off. You could see the cop enjoying the power, I think when he pulled the trigger it may have shot him as a genuine reaction to him making a reaching movement behind his back, however the cop caused it with his ridiculous instructions while he was on a power trip, in my view if in UK law that was manslaughter at least. Our police would never get away with acting like that thank god. 

6 hours ago, Rewulf said:

You raise a good point there. 

I did some reading on the case and I've got to be honest, in my opinion it is far worse than the George Floyd case. The guy shot was not a known scum bag, Floyd was. To the best of my knowledge, the guy shot had done nothing wrong, Floyd had and was also high on drugs at the time, I've seen no evidence of racism in either case yet, obviously its possible in the Floyd case, but I think it unlikely or we'd already have hears about it. 

The biggest question for me in this is, Where's the outrage in that shooting? I'm sure Henry will be along to enlighten me soon. 

49 minutes ago, Centrepin said:

But the full story wasn't given at that point and from what was given, there was no problem.🙄

You make a conclusion without seeing the full story, and than post you need the full story to make a conclusion. OK makes sense :whistling:

22 hours ago, ordnance said:

Seriously, its OK for police to shoot people because they perceive a threat  She messed up and will have to pay the price, as it should be. 

What about the chair leg incident in London years ago did the armed response unit pay the price? the poor sod was unarmed.

Just now, clangerman said:

could be think he was called mendez 

Thats him, another poor sod, there was a state of emergency in the minds of the police at the time during the 2007 bombings as I remember. I had enough of those in the 70s as my local pub was The Tavern in the Town, Birmingham.

5 minutes ago, Centrepin said:

And your point is? Or are you just trying to stir up trouble?

I have already made my point, its a forum people read posts and sometimes respond not sure how that's stirring up trouble. 

Edited by ordnance

Gentlemen, mea culpa. Please do not fall out on the basis of my mistake. One could argue that none of us have the full facts. We can only judge what evidence we have. Centrepin made a judgement based upon the original (cropped) video I linked, then following receipt of further evidence changed his mind. The hallmark of a sensible person is to be able to change your mind based upon the information to hand. Most of us knew the outcome already so watched that video knowing what was going to happen, thus judged the events differently to someone assuming the officer peacefully detained an active shooter. The police dispatch was for a man armed with a rifle, which clearly he didn’t have stashed down his trunks.