How much do you want.

scouser

There’s a big building that’s being developed which is alive with pigeons, went in and asked the site manager, first words out of his mouth was how much do you want, said I would do it free, told me to get on with it, ended up with over 200 over a couple of visits, as I was leaving today he gave me a wage packet with £60 in it RESULT.

Nice one and well done you , there was a time when you could have sold your ( bag ) to the game dealer , when we could buy Russian cartridges at £40 a thousand in the 1970s we were selling Wood Pigeons up to 40p each and the ferals went as small pigeons which were making half the price of a woodie , at todays money I recon close on a pound each , now if they do take them I doubt the price would cover your fuel , and even then you would have to live just down the road from the dealers :yes:

2 hours ago, scouser said:

There’s a big building that’s being developed which is alive with pigeons, went in and asked the site manager, first words out of his mouth was how much do you want, said I would do it free, told me to get on with it, ended up with over 200 over a couple of visits, as I was leaving today he gave me a wage packet with £60 in it RESULT.

If you are happy to travel the M62 to Worsley my client has an old mill building teeming with ferals. PM me your details. It’s dirty and dangerous mind but I’m sure he’d give you free reign. 

Best part was there is a family of Fox’s in the grounds that the workers built a wooden shed for that they moved into ( I kid you not ) about 50yd,s from the building, i often watched them sunbathing while all the work was going on, when I finished my stint, I would leave any pigeons by the shed, they where practically tame, they where the fattest Fox’s on Merseyside.

4 hours ago, WalkedUp said:

If you are happy to travel the M62 to Worsley my client has an old mill building teeming with ferals. PM me your details. It’s dirty and dangerous mind but I’m sure he’d give you free reign. 

Wish I had a building like that in Bristol. 

8 hours ago, WalkedUp said:

Is it indoor or outdoor shooting?

10 hours ago, scouser said:

Typical scouser,  I love it, making money out of nowt. 👍

Pigeons fetch around  .50p each to restaurants if you have enough for an evenings menu. Unfortunately I rarely have enough so they go in the furnace along with crows and rats if no one wants them.

May be a silly question, but are you using a shotgun or air rifle?

If the pigeons are inside or even on the outside, I can't imagine a shotgun, even a 410 to be suitable.

Just curious as, in the past, I have cleared buildings by hand, blocking up windows etc etc and catching them with nets and box traps.  My children often recount it as one of their childhood memories.

Thank you,

RS

On 13/04/2021 at 18:47, scouser said:

That was a nice surprise,  good bit of shooting and your pellets paid for 👍

A old single shot  daystate harrier in .22 FAC, most probably could have gotten more but had to watch backstop, the building was right on the promenade and had a fantastic view of Liverpool, if I won the lottery, a top floor apartment with a balcony just to sit with a beer and watch the ships 🚢 

On 13/04/2021 at 20:55, WalkedUp said:

That's mighty good of him 

On 13/04/2021 at 18:47, scouser said:

Where is my half mate 🤣🤣

• 3 months later...
On 02/08/2021 at 10:22, scouser said:

All good things must end, the roof & windows are in, so only getting the odd one now, grand total just under 500 ferals ,  site manager said there’s more work for later in the year on another site.

You're well in there I would imagine 👍👍

On 02/08/2021 at 10:22, scouser said:

All good things must end, the roof & windows are in, so only getting the odd one now, grand total just under 500 ferals ,  site manager said there’s more work for later in the year on another site.

Loads of Shooting 👉 coming up soon mate You just take it easy now lar mate 😉 

217257B3-CC94-49F6-8798-8ABEA837EB5B.jpeg