Diesel emissions claim

NorfolkAYA

2 hours ago, Centrepin said:

My son did it. Knocked back on technicals. He was second owner of VW Golf.

Apparently few claims succeed but if you do the "no win - no fee" route, you loose nothing but gain about 40% of what they get.

Depends which company you use as they all state different percentages the highest I have seen is 70% the vw emissions claim  has not finished the court action yet so their cannot be any UK results .VW have lost several cases worldwide including USA and Germany they have had to pay compensation in both cases the U.K. Case against them has little if any difference so one would think the outcome would be the same.

I have been looking at it the same as the ppi claims which I reclaimed without the use of a third party if Vw lose the Uk case then  you should be able to claim yourself ,but this is speculation on my part.

9 hours ago, udderlyoffroad said:

And I sincerely hope nobody on here is thinking of using Leigh Day, who keep advertising their services for the above on Youtube.   Wild Justice's lawfare team of choice, as well as hounding service personnel.

Ahh that's were I remember the name from thanks fo the heads up .

You have missed the deadline for the VW emissions claim, there was a cut off by which you had to register the claim. 

I am one of the 10,000 or so claimants against VW. It is being done through Slater Gordon. 

VW intentionally fiddled the systems to get away with it and deserve everything they get. 

They have lost, settled or paid out in a number of other countries already. 

They have lost at various stages of the U.K. trial so far. However it has already been going on for a long time, maybe over 2 years since it started. 

I don’t think it will be over anytime soon. 

I don’t expect to get a load back but probably get something. 

I'm wondering what people are claiming for and how they've financially lost out?

VW diesel vehicle prices on the used market don't seem to have suffered long term.

Everyone appeared happy enough with their vehicles until the "revelation" that the emissions as stated didn't equate to the real world, a fact that many in the industry had known about for a long time.

2 hours ago, Lloyd90 said:

VW intentionally fiddled the systems to get away with it and deserve everything they get. 

VW were not they only ones at it.

30 minutes ago, Wymondley said:

I'm wondering what people are claiming for and how they've financially lost out?

VW diesel vehicle prices on the used market don't seem to have suffered long term.

Everyone appeared happy enough with their vehicles until the "revelation" that the emissions as stated didn't equate to the real world, a fact that many in the industry had known about for a long time.

After you had to have the fix, many people reported reduced performance and issues that were not previously there. 

There was also the time and hassle of having to go and get it sorted.

The issue is would you have knowingly bought the car if you’d have known about the cheat device.  

If when I went to buy the car the salesman had said to me “by the way, we’ve run the emissions test under special conditions with the engine at settings it never actually runs at, in order to fake our way through the emissions tests ... you still want the car right?” ... I can honestly say I would have walked away. 

Do you honestly think it was ok what they did? Do you think it’s ok generally for companies to intentionally cheat their way through the regulations set for their industry? 

Deceitful, dishonest and dodgy practices from a company that’s so big, should quite frankly have known better. 

36 minutes ago, Wymondley said:

Yep, and they will all have their day in court it appears. 

11 hours ago, Lloyd90 said:

If when I went to buy the car the salesman had said to me “by the way, we’ve run the emissions test under special conditions with the engine at settings it never actually runs at, in order to fake our way through the emissions tests ... you still want the car right?” ... I can honestly say I would have walked away.

I'm not sure I'd give a fiddlers frat to be honest - makes it about the same as their claimed fuel economy figures.  These tests are always under repeatable conditions that you'd never see in the real world.  But you don't see the media losing their collective minds about that.

One thing is for sure, now the lawyers have got their greedy claws into the manufacturers, we'll all end up paying in the long run.

11 hours ago, Lloyd90 said:

After you had to have the fix, many people reported reduced performance and issues that were not previously there. 

There was also the time and hassle of having to go and get it sorted.

Why on earth did you bother with the 'fix' - aka de tuning performance for the sake of emissions.

i bought my diesel Skoda in 2015 and the salesman and me had a nice conversation about the upcoming lawsuit, eventually he said, well after test driving the car do you like it with all the so called flaws, i liked the car and i got a good deal and its never flickered and 45 MPG average. The lawsuits have cost the VW group millions but theres still loads of their cars on the road being driven by 'happy' motorists - me included

6 hours ago, London Best said:

I agree with udderlyoffroad. I would have bought the car anyway and not bothered with the fix.

I think the big picture is about reducing pollution ,global warming etc manufacturers and governments signed up for it ,we are led to believe we have bought a product compliant to the long term reduction in emissions and basically it was a planned deception.

If you are happy with that fair enough .

19 minutes ago, holloway said:

I think the big picture is about reducing pollution ,global warming etc manufacturers and governments signed up for it ,we are led to believe we have bought a product compliant to the long term reduction in emissions and basically it was a planned deception.

If you are happy with that fair enough .

When I am buying a vehicle I am not remotely interested in it’s emissions. The subject would never enter my mind.

17 minutes ago, London Best said:

When I am buying a vehicle I am not remotely interested in it’s emissions. The subject would never enter my mind.

Emission levels can make a big difference to road fund tax. I see plenty of posts on here asking the tax for certain cars so it seems to matter for some.

I'm taxing and insuring two cars for what my son has just paid for a year's tax on a new Volvo XC60.

21 hours ago, Lloyd90 said:

Absolutely, and in that case those buyers alone should receive suitable compensation.

It was voluntary, many chose not to have the "fix" and are quite happy with their cars.

The issue is would you have knowingly bought the car if you’d have known about the cheat device.  

Two identical cars, one has an engine that has passed the euro emissions standards and will continue to do so in real world conditions.

The other has had the engine management software designed to pass the test standard but wont do so in real world conditions, but it is cheaper, runs better and uses less fuel.

Which one would you buy?

Do you honestly think it was ok what they did? Do you think it’s ok generally for companies to intentionally cheat their way through the regulations set for their industry?

I think you'd have difficulty finding an industry that doesn't, wherever there are regulations that increases costs, there will be people trying to find a way around them.

9 hours ago, udderlyoffroad said:

One thing is for sure, now the lawyers have got their greedy claws into the manufacturers, we'll all end up paying in the long run.

Absolutely spot on.