Artificial turf

ilovemyheckler

On 15/04/2021 at 20:48, WalkedUp said:

If you have a large garden it makes sense to train your dog to use its yard to defecate rather than hunting around the grass for faeces. Some small faeces will invariably be missed only to be discovered under foot. I happily sleep on my lawn after a few beers in the sun. My children play on it and eat off it no doubt. I have friends and family over without worrying where they stand.

I know I will sound like a dog snob but when I go to someone’s house (frequently due to my profession) and they say “oh mind your step, we have dogs” I always have to catch myself from finishing “that you haven’t bothered to train”. 

👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Especially people with children as you say. 

Also people with several dogs (which often people with gundogs will have) have a much worse impact of the pee stains on the grass. 

It’s alright if you have a big garden but not everyone does. 

Not everyone just walks across the grass as you say, many people surprisingly like to lie on the sun, sunbath, have a nap etc. 

I don’t want to lie on the ground where the dog has moments before had a pee or poop. 

Guy Wallace describes exactly what you suggest in his training books. Train the dog to go in a corner of the garden that he has covered, think he uses slabs. A lot more hygienic as easy to clean up and disinfect. 

33 minutes ago, Lloyd90 said:

Guy Wallace describes exactly what you suggest in his training books. Train the dog to go in a corner of the garden that he has covered, think he uses slabs. A lot more hygienic as easy to clean up and disinfect. 

Have you seen Guy’s “garden”?

Or his caravan for that matter?

Have laid some of this when doing a patio turf for customer,get the base right then best you can afford grass some very realistic ones on sale now,needs standing up and sand brushing in to keep like upright.

It's not tidy getting dog poo off it and does smell of they urinate in same area ?