.177 for rats

arran256

:lol: lol kiddn on now a like havin the power of a .22 so were no startin the .22 vs .177 debate again lol or we will be here all night, im just saying i like a .22 better the .177 has... better qualitys :stupid: lol with any caliber a hollow point will despatch the old rat no problem

LM

yupp well said , and i though that was the road this was taking never mind, i just went up the back because my brother had a rat trapped in a corner behind a bucket, when i got up there with my pnewmatic it did a runner 2 shots when it was running down the side off the wall and it was one of the luckiest rats lol 5 words pop into my head '' the one that got away'' lol

LM

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i use 177 for everything, ive got a 22 springer 12 foot pound,not a patch on long stroke 97,in 177,silly groups at silly ranges, dont believe too much ,the caliber conundrum will rage on for ever, the extra 300 fps of the 177 does something for me,and has cleared my land of rabbits,the squirrels are next ,

Theres hundreds of decent pellets out there a pellet for all occasions!! so dont take any notice of the caliber debate its PANTS, if you dont want overkill on smaller pests/game use heavier pellts,177 users have a choice of longer range shooting,or similar to 20 caliber for mid range =11 grain pellets //up to 20 + grain pellets for shorter ranges ,the important thing to do when useing the heavier pellets is to practice with them first,get used to their trajectory ,and limit your ranges to the weights of lead your useing,,and clean the barrel out before changing brands, the lubricants used in some pellets ,dont agree with others,happy shooting, theres a pellet for all situations these days,if you can be bothered testing a few different weights ,you wont need different guns for different game// if youve just tuned your airgun its a good idea to use heavier pellets to shorten the running in time,the gun will stop dieseling quicker than if you were useing lighter ones,

Not shot lots of rats with the lightning, but enough to say if you hit 'em square down they go!

As already said more to do with the bloke behind the rifle, rather than the calibre.

both calibers work just as well as each other. but i use hollow points.. makes a mess but the rat has no chance lol :good:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...