MEC 600 JNR

DUNKS

Not got one, sadly, but IF I can chip in....?

My first MEC was one of the above.
Made really good ammo, BUT, the re-size part of the procedure was not as silent as I'd have liked.
Ended up getting a MEC SizeMaster instead - all but identical to the 600 Jr, but it uses an adjustable collect sizer; silent and very easy to use/adjust.

Just thought this model was also worth you keeping a look out for as they are also around at not too different a price to the 600

9 hours ago, saddler said:

Not got one, sadly, but IF I can chip in....?

My first MEC was one of the above.
Made really good ammo, BUT, the re-size part of the procedure was not as silent as I'd have liked.
Ended up getting a MEC SizeMaster instead - all but identical to the 600 Jr, but it uses an adjustable collect sizer; silent and very easy to use/adjust.

Just thought this model was also worth you keeping a look out for as they are also around at not too different a price to the 600

Thanks for the heads up but Clay and game say under no circumstances must a MEC be used with black powder.

End of! And I only load black.

Edited by DUNKS

8 hours ago, DUNKS said:

Thanks for the heads up but Clay and game say under no circumstances must a MEC be used with black powder.

End of! And I only load black.

Sorry to appear stupid but why. Surely powder is powder. Or don't C&G sell black powder!!!!

20 hours ago, 222mark said:

Sorry to appear stupid but why. Surely powder is powder. Or don't C&G sell black powder!!!!

Black powder is more sensitive to  friction, static discharge, shear forces and impact forces has to be treated with respect. I load by hand, takes a bit longer but I still got all my fingers touch wood 

19 hours ago, alan123shooting said:

Black powder is more sensitive to  friction, static discharge, shear forces and impact forces has to be treated with respect. I load by hand, takes a bit longer but I still got all my fingers touch wood 

Thanks, now i understand fully. Never used black powder myself but you learn something new every day. Cheers.