Double Glazing window handle/lock

steve_b_wales

2 hours ago, old'un said:

Do you mean the handle is either at 3 o'clock or 9 o'clock when open but when the window is closed the handle will not move fully to the 6 o'clock position?

No. The handle is 3 o clock when open and 6 o clock when closed. It doesn't lock fully, and when the key is turned, the window opens out a little bit.

2 hours ago, Revo said:

Is this what you are looking for 

9B542536-056C-47BC-94F3-540815E67BB7.jpeg

Very similar.

3 minutes ago, discobob said:

OK - when the window is open - can you move the handle to the closed position (6pm)?? Do you see the metal bits moving as you do it??

Yes and yes. The metal bits can be seen moving. When the window is fully closed and I turn the key to lock it, the window can still be opened a fraction but still remains locked if that makes sense.

4 minutes ago, steve_b_wales said:

Yes and yes. The metal bits can be seen moving. When the window is fully closed and I turn the key to lock it, the window can still be opened a fraction but still remains locked if that makes sense.

on the inside of the window frame that it goes into you should see some metal latches - you might find that one of them is loose, or looser and it might have moved out of place. Get a pencil, draw round each one so you know where they were - and slacken them off and just try wiggling them into different positions.

Also, - when you are at 4.30pm - is the window locked??

Hello, I bought some off eBay, you get right and left shutters , £5 each, if you know the make of window just google that and add handle, I changed some parts on my sons door , this company sold all window and door spares, I will try and locate, 

4 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, I bought some off eBay, you get right and left shutters , £5 each, if you know the make of window just google that and add handle, I changed some parts on my sons door , this company sold all window and door spares, I will try and locate, 

Try upvcspares4repairs and free post, 

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

12 minutes ago, discobob said:

on the inside of the window frame that it goes into you should see some metal latches - you might find that one of them is loose, or looser and it might have moved out of place. Get a pencil, draw round each one so you know where they were - and slacken them off and just try wiggling them into different positions.

Also, - when you are at 4.30pm - is the window locked??

I'll try that. As mentioned, when the window is fully closed and I lock it via the key in the handle, the window can still be pushed out approx 75mm but no further. 

The handle starts at 6'o clock (shut) then turns anti clockwise to 3' o clock where the window opens.

2 minutes ago, steve_b_wales said:

when the window is fully closed and I lock it via the key in the handle, the window can still be pushed out approx 75mm but no further. 

That sounds like the type of thing that they have in hotels to stop you from opening the window too wide (there is an urban legend that a full hotel room was stolen from the Adelphi in Liverpool).

So you shut the window - and you can then still push it out - TBH I am stumped now

@TIGHTCHOKE can you help buddy

21 minutes ago, Revo said:

My windows close at 3oclock and open at 12 on top openers.and side window is shut 6 open 9 and tilt 12 

i may have one kicking about which do you want 

Thanks, but I don't think they would be suitable. My window 'locks/shuts at 6, and opens at 3.

19 minutes ago, old'un said:

If the Espag mushroom cams are engaging with the keep it would be impossible to push the window open.

Do yours look anything like the images below?

espag.jpg

keep.jpg

I'll check tomorrow. Thanks.

UPDATE;

Window lock now sorted. The receivers in the frame, where the sliding bolts go into had snapped. As the window is old (at least 20 years) and can't be replaced with new ones, the receivers were turned upside down and the handle now locks in the 3 o'clock position and opens at the 6 o'clock position. I'm happy with that, as the window is hardly opened.