Finally back out on my (Welsh) shoot

WalkedUp

Thank you for the messages, I feel very lucky to have this time with my boys. My own father left when we were tiny (my younger brother was only 8 months old) and whilst we are reconciled I feel even more determined to make the most of these years with my three. 

April is a lovely time of year, from the shoot on Saturday morning you could see snow on the peaks on Snowdonia and yet it was hot enough to skinny dip. 

On 20/04/2021 at 07:37, WalkedUp said:

Thank you for the messages, I feel very lucky to have this time with my boys. My own father left when we were tiny (my younger brother was only 8 months old) and whilst we are reconciled I feel even more determined to make the most of these years with my three. 

April is a lovely time of year, from the shoot on Saturday morning you could see snow on the peaks on Snowdonia and yet it was hot enough to skinny dip. 

You can’t have been far from me then 🤔🤔

Well past the Clwydian Range, just before Snowdonia. However, my boys walk up Moel Famau very frequently, the youngest was 2 when he completed it from the lowest car park. Another one of my shoots overlooks Moel Famau but is much smaller and lower. Only 15 mins from my house so very handy, it’s 35 mins closer than the Conwy one which is halfway between Capel Curig and Ruthin. 

12 minutes ago, robbiep said:

Looks like you had a good day out there Tom, all the kids matching hats look good !

At least that hill is nice and dry right now, makes getting up and down it less twitchy !

Hi Rob, yes was great 👍 Got some coppicing done in the pen, cut a path into the slope and started a ride. 

2 hours ago, WalkedUp said:

Well past the Clwydian Range, just before Snowdonia. However, my boys walk up Moel Famau very frequently, the youngest was 2 when he completed it from the lowest car park. Another one of my shoots overlooks Moel Famau but is much smaller and lower. Only 15 mins from my house so very handy, it’s 35 mins closer than the Conwy one which is halfway between Capel Curig and Ruthin. 

Ahhhhh we are on the Clwydian Range, between Mold and Denbigh! Give us a shout next time you’re close and call in for a cuppa!

7 hours ago, bigbird said:

Ahhhhh we are on the Clwydian Range, between Mold and Denbigh! Give us a shout next time you’re close and call in for a cuppa!

For a short period I had a permission on the Mold to Denbigh road. But the local gamekeeper objected so we agreed with the land owner to give it up rather than ruffle feathers.