HK MP5 SD 22lr by Walther

Pangolin

1 minute ago, oowee said:

Mate has one and is bringing it over with a winchester underlever and a long barrel pistol for some plinking next week. What do you want to know? If your local pop over and have a go. 

I see plenty of review saying they are pretty good, just after long term opinions if theyre reliable or any parts failing that's all.

Id love to have a go, I'm in Shropshire.

My mate has the HK MP5, but not the SD verision, his only has a 13 inch barrel (I think, where the SD is longer, 16 inch) and it is not very accurate because of this, but it is reliable and he has had no problems with it. He did struggle to get magazines for it though as walther discontinued the HK rifles.

It is not ammo fussy and cycles any he has put through it.

Accuracy on the SD version should be better because of the longer barrel.

7 hours ago, Newbie to this said:

My mate has the HK MP5, but not the SD verision, his only has a 13 inch barrel (I think, where the SD is longer, 16 inch) and it is not very accurate because of this, but it is reliable and he has had no problems with it. He did struggle to get magazines for it though as walther discontinued the HK rifles.

It is not ammo fussy and cycles any he has put through it.

Accuracy on the SD version should be better because of the longer barrel.

Sound, thank you very much.

The mag issue will be a pain.

Edited by Pangolin

22 hours ago, oowee said:

Mate has one and is bringing it over with a winchester underlever and a long barrel pistol for some plinking next week. What do you want to know? If your local pop over and have a go. 

Don’t get caught out with the long barrel pistol afaik you can’t shoot it unless it’s on your ticket, same as with sec1 shotguns! 

1 hour ago, D_shooter said:

Don’t get caught out with the long barrel pistol afaik you can’t shoot it unless it’s on your ticket, same as with sec1 shotguns! 

If his mate has it on his ticket why would he not be able to use it under supervision when his mate is there?

Edit - it would seem not, seems like the rules are a bit behind the times of LBP....

Edited by Pangolin

36 minutes ago, Pangolin said:

If his mate has it on his ticket why would he not be able to use it under supervision when his mate is there?

Edit - it would seem not, seems like the rules are a bit behind the times of LBP....

I had the same thought but a few years of LBP ownership made me realise this wasn’t the case. 

Just didn’t want anyone to get caught out on a relatively unknown rule. 

1 minute ago, D_shooter said:

I had the same thought but a few years of LBP ownership made me realise this wasn’t the case. 

I wonder if they shot it together like the pottery scene in Ghost whether it would be legal or not? 😄

Edited by Pangolin

This is the order I just read that in :

12 minutes ago, Pangolin said:

I wonder if they shot it together like the pottery scene in Ghost whether it would be legal or not? 😄

8 minutes ago, D_shooter said:

I wouldn’t wish to comment, but what happens is what happens. 

8 minutes ago, Scully said:

And this is why you should keep such plans to yourself. 🙂

🤣🤣🤣

18 hours ago, D_shooter said:

Looks like I will just have to watch. :good: