Jump to content

Jaguar F-Pace 2.0 R Sport Manual


Recommended Posts

Any thoughts on these guys? I like the look of them as my next car but I haven’t actually had a good nosey around one. Mostly concerned about MPG and whether there’s room in the back for a dog box?

Thanks in advance

Edited by bigbird
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • bigbird changed the title to Jaguar F-Pace 2.0 R Sport Manual

Hi BB

I was looking at one but not the R Sport as I wanted a comfortable ride. One of the contractors we use had the 2 litre auto and he went to France in it and returned 52mpg. 

Surprisingly the boot is not as big as you think. In the end I got a Volvo XC60 AWD and got more car for my money, but I do like the Jag. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Nice but aren’t they a bit small in the boot as well 🤔

I read a road test on the F pace somewhere which concluded that the Discovery Sport was better on almost every point. Wife has a Discovery Sport, a 7 seat version and the centre row seats are on runners for use of the third row dicky seats. Centre seats forward and leave dicky seats folded gives another foot of boot space, which I have not found inadequate in the first place as the dog box or deer tray fit anyway.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, London Best said:

I read a road test on the F pace somewhere which concluded that the Discovery Sport was better on almost every point. Wife has a Discovery Sport, a 7 seat version and the centre row seats are on runners for use of the third row dicky seats. Centre seats forward and leave dicky seats folded gives another foot of boot space, which I have not found inadequate in the first place as the dog box or deer tray fit anyway.

750L of boot space in the disco sport with the third row folded flat. F pace 650L and XC60 about 500L. I thought the XC60 would of been the biggest.

Link to post
Share on other sites

But its how that boot space is utilised, my Lintran box built for a Dicovery 2 as I had one at the time only just fitted inside the Freelander 2 I replaced it with. The same Lintran box fits inside the XC60 with ease. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I purchased a Jag X Type Estate  AWD for £4000 with 54.thou on the clock one lady owner full service history.  I have been overjoyed with it.  Lovely car to drive and will come up trumps when you need to nip past that slow truck. OK it is our best car so mileage is irrelevant.  I honestly cannot see the sense in laying out another 20 grand on four wheels when I could spend that on days of shooting enjoyment.  The new Jags do look nice though:rolleyes:

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21/04/2021 at 07:40, bigbird said:

Nice but aren’t they a bit small in the boot as well 🤔

It’s a good useable size I think but I suppose everyones uses are different. 

The Trans-k9 dog box which was bought specifically for our Disco 5 does actually fit in my Disco Sport. Although the left/middle seats need folding flat and pushing all the way forward on the rails in order to do so. But when I’m shooting I tend to have the rear fully flat anyway to get all the kit in so it doesn’t really make a difference for me. Or you could just get a Transk9 box for the Sport which will fit in the boot with no seat faffing required! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21/04/2021 at 15:24, London Best said:

Yes, I always thought litres was a silly way of measuring boot space. It tells you nothing except perhaps which car boot will carry the most screwed up socks.

Easy to look at it in measurements you can understand. 1 liter is 100mm by 100 mm, or ten cubic cm. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, SLWC said:

X5M all the way.

The off road 'entertainment' just adds to the fun of owning one.

Super comfy on road & sporty when you want/need it.

I average around 32/gal.

32MPG from a 4.4L twin turbo petrol V8? That’s pretty impressive.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, SLWC said:

X5M all the way.

The off road 'entertainment' just adds to the fun of owning one.

Super comfy on road & sporty when you want/need it.

I average around 32/gal.

According to the road test in the May issue of The Field, the latest hybrid version is little more than a joke and is described as totally impractical. And that is just on the road!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, London Best said:

According to the road test in the May issue of The Field, the latest hybrid version is little more than a joke and is described as totally impractical. And that is just on the road!

How is it impractical?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...