Death of a hero of mine.

JDog

When I moved to these parts six years ago my daily routine was to try to sort the refurbished house out in the mornings and then go off in the afternoons trying to gain some pigeon shooting permissions.

One of the first farms I gained permission on was three miles from home. Having been a Chartered Surveyor (Land Agent) in a former life I noticed just how well this farm was run. The crops looked well and the buildings and machinery were immaculately kept. The owner had other farms within the County and quarrying interests all of which were very well run.

We developed a good friendship and would speak most weeks about farming and forestry and pigeon shooting, the latter instigated by me no doubt. He sought my input into wild flower meadows and tree planting and put some into practice. 

This man died this weekend. He was a Gentleman, a very nice man and was quite remarkable because he was blind and had been for most of his life.

It's sad to lose someone who has been in your life like this, my  friend passed last year and he had a small bit of land where I could shoot and I learnt so much about wildlife and land rovers tbf,  such a shame, the older generation really know how to teach in a way that is interesting, sorry for the loss