José Mourinho

nobbyathome

29 minutes ago, nobbyathome said:

big rumours at the moment jose mourinho  has been sacked from tottenham  as he is against the new super league

i am a spurs fan but never been a fan of him  so if it is true no loss to me

No longer the special one. 

How do you feel about a super league, I've just heard that Florintino Perez (Real Madrid) is going to be chairman with a 3 member (American) sub committee of Glazer (Man U), Henry (Liverpool) and Kronke (Arsenal). 

Just now, toontastic said:

How do you feel about a super league, I've just heard that Florintino Perez (Real Madrid) is going to be chairman with a 3 member (American) sub committee of Glazer (Man U), Henry (Liverpool) and Kronke (Arsenal). 

i personally think the club owners  in it are greedy money grabbing scum 

it is not fair to all the smaller clubs that are not invited to join for a start and   the way spurs have been playing this season they would not qualify for europe next year anyway so try to get in this way  is wrong

i can go with friendlies between all the clubs for financial gain  but to try to box it off between them is total **** 

i have supported spurs all my life but today it makes me wonder why (not the mourinho bit the new league part)

56 minutes ago, nobbyathome said:

big rumours at the moment jose mourinho  has been sacked from tottenham  as he is against the new super league

i am a spurs fan but never been a fan of him  so if it is true no loss to me

Nothing to do with the super league……..

He was sacked because he criticised and devalued the players in front of others and the press. This plus the fact that although he had at his disposal some of the best attacking players in the Premiership he preferred the 'park the bus' approach. Such negative tactics were never going to endear him to the fans nor would it win many games.

33 minutes ago, JDog said:

He was sacked because he criticised and devalued the players in front of others and the press. This plus the fact that although he had at his disposal some of the best attacking players in the Premiership he preferred the 'park the bus' approach. Such negative tactics were never going to endear him to the fans nor would it win many games.

i have got to agree with you jdog   the one thing that has always gripped me with  tottenham is the unpredictabillity of the results with all the attacking flair they have always had   but will they let more in the other end is the nailbiting bit for a spurs fan 

but under him they are stale glad he is gone  i liked him his first stint at chelsea but after that he has just been negative and boring and all about jose and not the club he represents

1 hour ago, toontastic said:

im no football pundit................but i suspect the creation of this "elite" super league is just the tip of the ice berge...........the ultimate goal would be the total control of european football....under one organisation

18 minutes ago, Gordon R said:

£20 million pay off. He must be heart broken. Leaving behind a team, who have some real talent, but lack the backbone to earn their massive salary. He is probably quite pleased.

Yes I’d be happy to be fired from my job if I can get a £20 million pay off. Ridiculous amount of money.

The fact is Tottenham simply aren't good enough. There's not point in having a great top three and then mediocrity all the way back to an unpredictable goal keeper. Their whole midfield is made up of players who sparkle every five or six games, but for all the others they're mid-table. Recruitment's got to have something to do with it, but if Mourinho's been behind their signings then he's ripe for the chop. Although he should be anyway, simply for constantly playing Dier as a centre back.

If it's because he criticised the players in public...then some of the blame's got to lie with Levy, because that's not a new trait for Mourinho; he's done it right back to his first stint as Chelsea boss. If it's because of his open criticism of the breakaway league then the club should hang its head in shame.

All I can say is a shoddy time to do it. No one changes their manager six days before a major final.

tottenham have had 12 managers since 2000 no wonder the trophy cabinet is bare

roll on next week to the final hopefully this will make the players play

i wonder who the next manager will be 

dipsy/ tinky winkie / la la or po

hopefully under the management of the teletubbies we might win somethng

38 minutes ago, WalkedUp said:

Looks like no one is keen for the Super League. I suggest we vote with our eyes and wallets, and simply refuse to watch it. 

I hope that works, along with all the other pressures being brought. Uefa are threatening to make all players playing in the new ESL ineligible for international matches. It sounds like the managers are against it too. Klopp might find this the perfect time and the perfect reason to resign. I have a sneaking feeling this Liverpool side has gone as far as it can. No one would think any less of Klopp if he left on principle and he's been so outspoken about it in the past and again today.

It also gives Mourinho something else/somebody else to blame other than himself!

19 hours ago, WalkedUp said:

Looks like no one is keen for the Super League. I suggest we vote with our eyes and wallets, and simply refuse to watch it. 

You would hope so, but I'm sure football fans would still watch, season tickets at the big clubs will still sell out, and Tottenham will still sack their manager every couple of years 😅😅

5 minutes ago, Mice! said:

You would hope so, but I'm sure football fans would still watch, season tickets at the big clubs will still sell out, and Tottenham will still sack their manager every couple of years 😅😅

Will their season tickets cover the new games? 

2 minutes ago, Deker said:

Will their season tickets cover the new games? 

Probably not, imagine if they can sell a whole load more seats for those games,  it would be brilliant if they were boycotted,  but who is going to boycott Man city v Real Madrid?

I've always liked the format of the champions league,  you have to qualify then perform both domestically and abroad,  there's only the bigger teams can do it well, but for the smaller teams and fans it must be a dream, the idea of a league where you can't be relegated would surely get stale fast?

Problem is football is about money first second and third. 

well when you work it out ticket sales were a major part of the clubs income  due to covid  over the last year no ticket sales have come in so all money has come from tv if they sell worldwide pay per view tv at just £1 a time they could easily get 100 million people watching it per game   at that rate they do not need ticket sales at the grounds 

fans used to be the be all and end all of football clubs but not now

for the club owners and players all it is about is how much can i earn  none of them have any loyalty to the club

1 minute ago, chrisjpainter said:

NEWS JUST IN:

Chelsea are trying to back out of the ESL! Let's hope the domino effect kicks in. Well done Chelsea for listening to their fans

They will all pull out. There is nothing more certain.

I saw praises for Gary Neville from Liverpool fans when he criticised Liverpool FC for stating that they would join the breakaway. He said, 'Whatever happened to ' You'll never walk alone'' or words to that effect.

3 minutes ago, JDog said:

They will all pull out. There is nothing more certain.

I saw praises for Gary Neville from Liverpool fans when he criticised Liverpool FC for stating that they would join the breakaway. He said, 'Whatever happened to ' You'll never walk alone'' or words to that effect.

I hope and think you're right. A Chelsea fan's just had his say to say it's good that Chelsea have made the first step, but they need the 'big dogs' of Man Utd and Liverpool to follow suit. As soon as one of them goes, that's its goose cooked.