Stolen/Lost dogs

And surprise surprise, a quick look at google maps for the location and its.....a travellers site. Very much avoided reporting that in the article I would suggest. 

The criminal justice system needs to stop treating them as minorities and hit them with the full force of the law every single time they break it, instead of being frightening to deal with them in case someone on Twitter is offended on their behalf. 

Edited by oscarsdad

15 minutes ago, oscarsdad said:

And surprise surprise, a quick look at google maps for the location and its.....a travellers site. Very much avoided reporting that in the article I would suggest.

Article I read (our local rag I think) dis say it was a traveller site that was raided.  - Four were taken into custody, two released without charge, two released to appear at a later date when further enquiries are complete.  What's the betting it will be quietly dropped - or they will have 'travelled' and won't be contactable/turn up?

6 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

Article I read (our local rag I think) dis say it was a traveller site that was raided.  - Four were taken into custody, two released without charge, two released to appear at a later date when further enquiries are complete.  What's the betting it will be quietly dropped - or they will have 'travelled' and won't be contactable/turn up?

Wouldn't you just love to hear "sentenced to 10 years with a right good kicking to be delivered weekly" 

Re the 48 dogs recovered in Ipswich. I am not a doggy person so forgive me if I have it all wrong, but, apparently the police said most of the dogs were not chipped. Not chips removed just not chipped. I thought it was law that all UK dogs had to be chipped and that would identify their owners. Talk to me!

9 minutes ago, DUNKS said:

Re the 48 dogs recovered in Ipswich. I am not a doggy person so forgive me if I have it all wrong, but, apparently the police said most of the dogs were not chipped. Not chips removed just not chipped. I thought it was law that all UK dogs had to be chipped and that would identify their owners. Talk to me!

Chips in dogs became a requirement in 2016, maybe some of these dogs are aged 4/5 years, and were not chipped.

On 20/04/2021 at 12:58, Rob85 said:

Wouldn't you just love to hear "sentenced to 10 years with a right good kicking to be delivered weekly" 

I would pay for the privilege as long as Flogging on bare back with salt water soaked Cat of 9 tail is allowed !!

Agriv8

RE Chip I think older dogs not chipped but new small chips are found with a scanner then hand and quickly cut out ! 

3 minutes ago, Agriv8 said:

Chip I think older dogs not chipped but new small chips are found with a scanner then hand and quickly cut out !

Bit like Firearms License/SGC - bit of extra admin and expense for the good law abiding citizen, gets a tick in the box from the general public, keeps a few people in admin jobs, and doesn't deter/prevent crime or inconvenience the crooks much.