Workshop Wall Repair

loriusgarrulus

Managed to straighten the side wall on the workshop. I screwed props both ends first to stabilise first it just incase. (The bow out was at the bottom.) I have bolted through two 3ft long 3" pieces of fence post inside and out to take the worst of the bow out and I feel it is not now in imminent danger of collapse. When I feel enegetic again I am going to put a full height prop in the middle and bolt it through in about 4 places. The inside pieces have to be in two parts as there is an electric conduit with power points running right across the workshop on that wall, 3ft up from the floor or I might get a lengh of 4" and cut a divot out for the conduit on the inside.

20210413_160147.jpg

20210420_143828.jpg

Next job is painting it all with some wood proofing paint. 

2 hours ago, loriusgarrulus said:

Managed to straighten the side wall on the workshop. I screwed props both ends first to stabilise first it just incase. (The bow out was at the bottom.) I have bolted through two 3ft long 3" pieces of fence post inside and out to take the worst of the bow out and I feel it is not now in imminent danger of collapse. When I feel enegetic again I am going to put a full height prop in the middle and bolt it through in about 4 places. The inside pieces have to be in two parts as there is an electric conduit with power points running right across the workshop on that wall, 3ft up from the floor or I might get a lengh of 4" and cut a divot out for the conduit on the inside.

20210413_160147.jpg

20210420_143828.jpg

Next job is painting it all with some wood proofing paint. 

Good repair 👍👍👍