Wildfowling clubs

dabloobana

Hi all,

Looking for some local knowledge.

Ive recently moved to Norfolk- Suffolk border near Scole. 

Im looking to join a wildfowling club which has shooting close to me, areas which have good shooting (pinks, teal), inland shooting duck ponds, accepting members. 

Someone recommended Norwich and District and Great Yarmouth.

google suggested North Suffolk, Rockland (rockland had their shooting areas on website and a few of them were close to me.

I used to be a member of Kent , Holbeach and Ely but now looking for something more local.

If any members local to the area or members of any of the above clubs can help, I would appreciate it.

Thanks.

Living where you live near Diss I would say Yarmouth or Norwich clubs are your best bet and I believe their is no waiting list .

For geese I would say you would stand a slightly better chance in Norwich WA  than Yarmouth , having said that I have had my share of geese having been in both clubs and still in the Yarmouth club now .

Norwich have got a flight pond but names are drawn out at club meeting for who want to shoot the pond, it is either every two weeks or once a month .

If you have been in the various clubs you were saying you might be taken on as a full member straight away , failing that you will need to go with another member for I think six times before you can go by yourself .

If you need any more information on either club send me a P M and I will do my best to help you out .  MM

35 minutes ago, Grandalf said:

I would agree with marsh man entirely.

I was in Yarmouth and Norwich but now only the latter due time available.   You will get a degree of mentoring with either club.

Norwich was an excellent club with many friendly members and a lot of very good fowling land to go on , I was in the club for 17 years and only left due to the marshes I had were sold and ended up being rented by Yarmouth W A , so I dropped out of one and re joined the other , I will now end my fowling days in the club where it all started for me in 1964 , all good things must one day come to a end , hopefully not this year as I am now paying this coming season subs :lol:

On 21/04/2021 at 12:26, Grandalf said:

Norwich and District, Alde & Ore, Rockland, Yarmouth, North Suffolk.   I am or have been a member of all of them and they are all fit for purpose.   I live just up the road from you.

can we meet up (covid rules), so i can meet local shooters and members?

20 hours ago, marsh man said:

Living where you live near Diss I would say Yarmouth or Norwich clubs are your best bet and I believe their is no waiting list .

For geese I would say you would stand a slightly better chance in Norwich WA  than Yarmouth , having said that I have had my share of geese having been in both clubs and still in the Yarmouth club now .

Norwich have got a flight pond but names are drawn out at club meeting for who want to shoot the pond, it is either every two weeks or once a month .

If you have been in the various clubs you were saying you might be taken on as a full member straight away , failing that you will need to go with another member for I think six times before you can go by yourself .

If you need any more information on either club send me a P M and I will do my best to help you out .  MM

you have pm

13 hours ago, marsh man said:

Norwich was an excellent club with many friendly members and a lot of very good fowling land to go on , I was in the club for 17 years and only left due to the marshes I had were sold and ended up being rented by Yarmouth W A , so I dropped out of one and re joined the other , I will now end my fowling days in the club where it all started for me in 1964 , all good things must one day come to a end , hopefully not this year as I am now paying this coming season subs :lol:

Keep going marsh man.   I'm 82 in June.   Just paid my subs for next season too.

Sorry but I don't do mentoring anymore due age and other commitments.   Contact Norwich - They have a website - Good Luck.