Nesting Robins

WalkedUp

You need to get on top of those squirrels! 

We have a family of woodpeckers entertaining us, the young woodpeckers really seem to struggle at being woodpeckers 🤣 

They attempt to follow the adults but consistently fail to hold onto vertical surfaces or bird feeders at first time of asking. There are sparrows nesting in our roof, I don’t mind them our their mess. 

D19B836E-501C-45BF-8B9C-D944E4A3F972.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Robins on 4th attempt and still feeding young. Blackbirds 4th attempt fledged 4 last Thursday and had started building a 5th nest Monday. Coal tits nesting in a box. A first for my garden. 🙂 Didn't realise until they hatched and started feeding young Monday. Goldfinches feeding nest of 5. Garden full of fledglings. Dunnocks everywhere. 2 pairs of greenfinches bringing young to feeder. Both cock birds have rings. Pressure off these late nesters and fledglings a bit now, as most corvids have now fledged grass has been cut and cattle on pasture for them to feed on. Fly catchers still about locally and nightingale's also nesting near by. Turtle doves doing ok. Calling less but seeing more youngster's about and all still coming to supp feed. Had new pair in my deaks other week when shooting over cover crop drillings. Found their nest site.🙂 seem to be less warblers about. Not looking good for wild english broods since we had heavy rain. 2 lots of barn owl and kestrel chicks been ringed from boxes. Smaller broods this year. Absolutely loads of stock doves about. 40+ 0n one drilled cover. Found a reed buntings nest with 5 young in a wheat crop. Looked so vulnerable. Still to many corvids about locally? Maybe the knock on from WJ meddling with GL?         NB

That’s excellent, what an abundance of nature you have helped to thrive. We now have dozens of birds in the garden at all times. The boys asked me “why do all the little birds like our garden so much?” I answered because we feed them and control the crows, magpies, jays, squirrels and rats.