Catton Hall

Hi guys, 

Catton Hall.. heard of it, but never been so quite fancy a trip over to shoot. Looking on their website though, it seems to be advertised as an ‘adventure’ style place designed for groups to ‘have a go’ and can’t see anything about just normal club level clay shooting. 

Do they run a normal ‘turn up and shoot’ sporting practice layout for clays at all or have I got the wrong end of the stick?

Cheers, 

Dave 👍🏻

1 hour ago, WinchesterDave said:

Cheers for the reply Bob 👍 will be making a trip to them soon. 

Dave

The monthly registered is on this Sunday - book on and squaded - apparently last time it backed up a bit because the woods were all 3 pair and the hills were 4 pair - but previous ones I have been to have run sweet as anything finishing in under 2 hours.

Catton hall is a cracking place ran by the Mann family!

I head over when I can and treat them as training days! Wednesday is by far the best day. Not many places where you get the variety below your feet. Plus you can get a stand virtually all to yourself to get your eye In without feeling rushed.

Without sounding cheeky, I class the Wednesdays as a more senior shooters day 😁😁

£25/100 clays 👍👍👍

20 hours ago, Westley said:

You will not regret it, cracking ground and very well run. I have been going since the days of manual traps, where you had to yell "pull" in order for the trapper to hear you  !   40 minutes from Switch Island, using the bridge. 

Cheers Westley really does sound good! And not far either... 👍 

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/05/2021 at 16:07, WinchesterDave said:

Went to Catton Hall today - top ground really enjoyed it 👍 will be visiting again soon in the future certainly!

How did you get on with the high towers? Did you find any of the clays challenging?  Had A good day myself, not too busy and weather was good, which is always a bonus.

2 hours ago, TK421 said:

How did you get on with the high towers? Did you find any of the clays challenging?  Had A good day myself, not too busy and weather was good, which is always a bonus.

2 hours ago, TK421 said:

The high towers were good. Struggled on the over head target (I always do on that type) but enjoyed the high driven one! I thought all the targets were enjoyable though and enjoyed shooting inside the wood, too. 👍🏻 

9 hours ago, scouser said:

A few of us seniors went there yesterday, and a good time was had by all, apart from some scrote clipping a mates car and doing a runner.

That does surprise  me as they’re all generally a good bunch, plus it’s not like there’s a lack of space to,Park either. Did anyone get the details of the car? Make ? type? colour? I shoot there frequently so can keep an eye open for any damaged cars. Where about was he parked and was there much damage? Gutted for you mate, not nice at all. I’d be pssd if my car got damaged.

8 hours ago, WinchesterDave said:

The high towers were good. Struggled on the over head target (I always do on that type) but enjoyed the high driven one! I thought all the targets were enjoyable though and enjoyed shooting inside the wood, too. 👍🏻 

I used too, still do on some days others can smash them, all about hold point. Yes the driven is a corker, although I find it almost impossible to shoot it as a driven. The woods is great, some tricky ones in there, beautiful on a crisp sunny day. Nice venue and well priced Id say also.