Hi guys, 

Catton Hall.. heard of it, but never been so quite fancy a trip over to shoot. Looking on their website though, it seems to be advertised as an ‘adventure’ style place designed for groups to ‘have a go’ and can’t see anything about just normal club level clay shooting. 

Do they run a normal ‘turn up and shoot’ sporting practice layout for clays at all or have I got the wrong end of the stick?

Cheers, 

Dave 👍🏻

25 minutes ago, discobob said:

Wednesday and Saturdays is practice

Once a month (plus a bank holiday monday shoot) there are registered.

Lovely ground

Cheers for the reply Bob 👍 will be making a trip to them soon. 

Dave

1 hour ago, WinchesterDave said:

Cheers for the reply Bob 👍 will be making a trip to them soon. 

Dave

The monthly registered is on this Sunday - book on and squaded - apparently last time it backed up a bit because the woods were all 3 pair and the hills were 4 pair - but previous ones I have been to have run sweet as anything finishing in under 2 hours.

Catton is a decent ground and as Yellow Bear advises you could have a good smattering of clays well below your feet..Best approach is to lean well forward and make sure the clay is above your line of vision untill you are ready to pull the trigger. From Auntie. 

Posted (edited)

That’s great cheers everyone for the replies. 

I work shifts so I’m occasionally off on Wednesdays, too which should be ideal if it’s not as busy then! 

Dave 👍🏻 

Edited by WinchesterDave

Catton hall is a cracking place ran by the Mann family!

I head over when I can and treat them as training days! Wednesday is by far the best day. Not many places where you get the variety below your feet. Plus you can get a stand virtually all to yourself to get your eye In without feeling rushed.

Without sounding cheeky, I class the Wednesdays as a more senior shooters day 😁😁

£25/100 clays 👍👍👍

You will not regret it, cracking ground and very well run. I have been going since the days of manual traps, where you had to yell "pull" in order for the trapper to hear you  !   40 minutes from Switch Island, using the bridge. 

20 hours ago, Westley said:

You will not regret it, cracking ground and very well run. I have been going since the days of manual traps, where you had to yell "pull" in order for the trapper to hear you  !   40 minutes from Switch Island, using the bridge. 

Cheers Westley really does sound good! And not far either... 👍