Not sure if it is a scam?

henry d

what the scammers are banking on.....is there has been a leak/rumour that certain covid sufferers may receive some sort of payment....which i rekon will never happen...if it did it would be headline news

so ....good scam try....and i will bet it will catch a few people

Scam all day long..same as the royal mail one stating that you have to pay 2 pounds 99 for a parcel that was short in postage. Also HSBC stating someone was login into my account...which is really strange as I haven't got a HSBC account. If in doubt of any email...Google it to see if it's a scam or contact your bank or whatever company direct on their helpline and they will tell you if it is a scam.

Too many of these going on, I get at least one a week on email , text and phone calls, why do people think someone is going to give them something for nothing, in my experience it never happens, don't even think about it, just hit delete , if I don't recognise a number on my phone I just don't answer it, if its important they will ring back.

30 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, but how are they getting our phone details...

This is an email and the address is an old one. I believe there was a breach at the college I was at and email addresses were taken and they have been sold on. I would imagine that other places that held my address also could have been hacked and the same happened.

9 minutes ago, lakeside1000 said:

... I get at least one a week on email , text and phone calls,...... just hit delete ...

I'm getting several a day but a new format that starts with "re" or "fwd" which fools the spam filter, they also use spaces L I K E - T H I S. 

I always flag and report as spam which feeds back and has in the past stopped them.

9 minutes ago, henry d said:

This is an email and the address is an old one. I believe there was a breach at the college I was at and email addresses were taken and they have been sold on. I would imagine that other places that held my address also could have been hacked and the same happened.

I'm getting several a day but a new format that starts with "re" or "fwd" which fools the spam filter, they also use spaces L I K E - T H I S. 

I always flag and report as spam which feeds back and has in the past stopped them.

Hello, there should be a law to stop companies selling on our details or they should have better soft ware to stop any hacking , from what I read millions of people's information is taken by criminals, costing people millions of £s