First Swift.

twenty

2 minutes ago, JDog said:

I’ve seen only two Swallows so far this spring. The easterly winds must be keeping them on the Continent.

A surprise locally was the sight of 12 Fieldfares. They should be in Scandinavia by now.

Yeah, a redwing in Frampton earlier this week.

Our normal swallows have not arrived yet this year. Wondering if the constant cold north north easterlies have been the cause.  Have not seen a swift for many years. Such graceful birds. Had an hour in the tree rat hide this morning and was entertained by three tree creepers and four or five nuthatches at close quarters along with a chaffinch a little brown job I could not put a name to, the usual robins and blackbirds AND one very dead tree rat.  Oh and a cock pheasant.

1 hour ago, Walker570 said:

Our normal swallows have not arrived yet this year. Wondering if the constant cold north north easterlies have been the cause.  Have not seen a swift for many years. Such graceful birds. Had an hour in the tree rat hide this morning and was entertained by three tree creepers and four or five nuthatches at close quarters along with a chaffinch a little brown job I could not put a name to, the usual robins and blackbirds AND one very dead tree rat.  Oh and a cock pheasant.

Sounds like you had a nice morning, lovely weather isn't it, I sat in the garden for an hour this afternoon and watched numerous Goldfinch on the feeders, also a couple of Buzzard were soaring on the thermals, high above.