Favourite songs

bigbird

Just sat chilling outside and Alexa’s playing my favourite song in the world.

What is your favourite song or piece of music ever and why?

Mine’s U2 ‘With or Without You’

Weirdly my eldest daughter’s (17) is Schubert’s ‘Unfinished Symphony’, she says it makes her emotional (even though as I pointed out it was probably because he was hopelessly disorganised 😂)

Edited by bigbird

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Johnny Cash - When the man comes around.

Despite being one of he's last songs it's still got that rhythm that stood out right from he's early stuff and the voice, even though he's aged and you can hear it, it's still Johnny Cash if you know what I mean. 

I got a notification last year to say I was in the top 1% of Cash listeners 😂 of my top 5 played songs 4 were by him. The other being Needles and Pins by The Searchers.

Edited by Farmboy91

1 hour ago, Farmboy91 said:

Johnny Cash - When the man comes around.

Despite being one of he's last songs it's still got that rhythm that stood out right from he's early stuff and the voice, even though he's aged and you can hear it, it's still Johnny Cash if you know what I mean. 

I got a notification last year to say I was in the top 1% of Cash listeners 😂 of my top 5 played songs 4 were by him. The other being Needles and Pins by The Searchers.

Did you ever see Johnny Cash playing live ? I haven't been to that many live shows but I did see Johnny Cash live at a show in London with the Carter family , brilliant show and was well worth seeing .

As for one of my favourites song(s) I would say the BeeGees , Don't Forget To Remember Me one day and the next day it could be Roy Orbinson , In Dreams .

I have been a Northern Soul fan since my youth, and two favourites that guaranteed a full dance floor were, Just a little misunderstanding by The Contours, and One wonderful moment by The Shakers.........happy days.

My single favourite would be - The sun ain't gonna shine anymore - Walker Brothers .

If we are talking Northern Soul - where do we start:-

Seven days too long - Chuck Wood

Open the door to your heart - Darrell Banks

What - Judy street

I'm on my way - Dean Parrish

1 hour ago, marsh man said:

Did you ever see Johnny Cash playing live ? I haven't been to that many live shows but I did see Johnny Cash live at a show in London with the Carter family , brilliant show and was well worth seeing .

As for one of my favourites song(s) I would say the BeeGees , Don't Forget To Remember Me one day and the next day it could be Roy Orbinson , In Dreams .

No, I must confess it's only been the last couple years I've found a love for he's music. We watched Walk the Line one night and that's where it started for me.

I can only imagine how good that show must have been 👍. I always say to the missus if I could go back in time and see any show live it would have been him at Folsom prison while they were recording. The atmosphere captured in those songs is something else. 

1 hour ago, Gordon R said:

My single favourite would be - The sun ain't gonna shine anymore - Walker Brothers .

If we are talking Northern Soul - where do we start:-

Seven days too long - Chuck Wood

Open the door to your heart - Darrell Banks

What - Judy street

I'm on my way - Dean Parrish

Great Stuff.........Out on the floor-Dobie Gray

Everything's gonna be alright- PP Arnold................Keep The Faith.

This is one of those topics where you later you think "oh what about??? and I how could I have forgotten X" 

A few in no order

Heroes, David Bowie also Young Americans (sing along factor for both) 

Nothing Else Matters, Metallica 

Teenage Kicks, The Undertones (have to agree with John Peel on that one)

On 23/04/2021 at 18:23, twenty said:

I have been a Northern Soul fan since my youth, and two favourites that guaranteed a full dance floor were, Just a little misunderstanding by The Contours, and One wonderful moment by The Shakers.........happy days.

Have a look on YouTube,  Twisted soul 1964 Contours just a little misunderstanding,  Made me smile