Extinction Rebellion Aquitted

JohnfromUK

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

on the day most of the cretins were spoilt brats from our leftie unis who churn out endless leftie sheep who now control the town so jury was to scared to find them guilty our latest insanity is the council giving those on benefits £100 shopping vouchers to avoid having any money left in the budget a deliberate waste of tax payers money 

22 minutes ago, clangerman said:

on the day most of the cretins were spoilt brats from our leftie unis who churn out endless leftie sheep who now control the town so jury was to scared to find them guilty our latest insanity is the council giving those on benefits £100 shopping vouchers to avoid having any money left in the budget buy votes, a deliberate waste of tax payers money 

Fixed that for you.

22 minutes ago, Good shot? said:

Any review will not affect the result of the trial but may help prevent a repeat of the verdict in a similar case. 'Maybe'.

I believe.

I think you may well be right. Wishful thinking on my part.

It's disgraceful that such blatant criminal damage returns a not guilty. It aggravates me that they walk away unpunished :mad:

• 1 year later...

Reawakening an old thread, I see that (and it really doesn't come as a surprise) some of the funds raised by the BLM organisers in connection with the tearing down of the Edward Colston statue in Bristol have mysteriously disappeared, and now the organiser has been found pleaded guilty of to fraud, and the £30,000 missing presumed 'un recoverable'.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bristol-news/woman-guilty-fraud-over-colston-8777963

Edited by JohnfromUK
It was a guilty plea, not a verdict. My initial mistake, now corrected.

19 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

Reawakening an old thread, I see that (and it really doesn't come as a surprise) some of the funds raised by the BLM organisers in connection with the tearing down of the Edward Colston statue in Bristol have mysteriously disappeared, and now the organiser has been found guilty of fraud, and the £30,000 missing presumed 'un recoverable'.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bristol-news/woman-guilty-fraud-over-colston-8777963

What a surprise...Not

On 06/01/2022 at 09:28, Scully said:

It’s only the decision that can be questioned, nothing else. Whatever the reason behind them doing what they did, is irrelevant. They were charged with criminal damage, and acquitted, for whatever reason. 
Personally, if ripping down a public statue ( whoever it represents and the reasons for its installation ) and throwing it off a jetty isn’t criminal damage, then I don’t know what is. It’s a difficult one really, because Basically it’s mob rule…..’we don’t like it or what it represents, so we’re getting rid.’ That isn’t democracy, it’s civil unrest, and while I don’t mind a bit of anarchy, it’s representation isn’t threatening anyones way of life, and there were much better ways of having it removed.  
I can totally understand people resenting the statue and what it represented, but I don’t know when the statue was erected nor if there was a public outcry at the time it was mooted, but if not, then why not? If there wasn’t, then it’s simply jumping on the anti establishment bandwagon and virtue signalling of the most cynical kind. 
If our history is to be replaced because of what it represented with the benefit of a more enlightened society, then where do we stop? The Spanish have a lot of apologising and recompense to pay to indigenous South American people, as do the British for the Holy Wars and Crusades, and the church in general has a lot of apologising to do to all of us.
What about all those persecuted and imprisoned because of their sexual orientation? Some have been pardoned, but a posthumous pardon is meaningless, because they don’t know! 
Prejudice comes in many guises, and not simply because of the colour of your skin. 
If the jury found those four not guilty because of what their act represented, and not because of what they did, then logic dictates at least two of the Mount Rushmore presidents should be removed. I wish them good luck with that. 
We need to know why the jury thought they weren’t guilty of criminal damage. 

If your argument is continued both the Nordic countries and Italy also have a lot of apologising too. Where does it stop?

On 26/09/2023 at 07:59, JohnfromUK said:

Reawakening an old thread, I see that (and it really doesn't come as a surprise) some of the funds raised by the BLM organisers in connection with the tearing down of the Edward Colston statue in Bristol have mysteriously disappeared, and now the organiser has been found pleaded guilty of to fraud, and the £30,000 missing presumed 'un recoverable'.

BLM is just a scam. Look at the properties the leaders have bought in the states.

10 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

I agree, but it had all the 'woke', sports 'stars', Met police, the leader and deputy leader of Her (now His) Majesty's Opposition etc., all bobbing down on one knee like the posturing halfwits they are.

Just shows what a bunch of virtue signalling so and so's are out there.

On 27/09/2023 at 11:17, JohnfromUK said:

I agree, but it had all the 'woke', sports 'stars', Met police, the leader and deputy leader of Her (now His) Majesty's Opposition etc., all bobbing down on one knee like the posturing halfwits they are.

Any publicity is good publicity, it soothes their fevered minds with the hope that the sheeple will interpret their activity in a positive way? Sadly some do?

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, 12gauge82 said:

What a wonderful person she sounds. 

All these 'movements' (BLM, ER, JSO and the rest) have a significant mass of enthusiastic followers.  Where you've got lots of followers, in these mass internet enabled times, you can raise big funds - quickly and a with a little each from lots of sources is very hard for police to trace/follow up.  Where you have that sort of opportunity, you will get those who manipulate the situation for their own criminal ends.  Fools and their money are easily parted.

2 hours ago, JohnfromUK said:

All these 'movements' (BLM, ER, JSO and the rest) have a significant mass of enthusiastic followers.  Where you've got lots of followers, in these mass internet enabled times, you can raise big funds - quickly and a with a little each from lots of sources is very hard for police to trace/follow up.  Where you have that sort of opportunity, you will get those who manipulate the situation for their own criminal ends.  Fools and their money are easily parted.

I've often suspended that many of these woke groups are linked, with the attendees almost professional protesters.