Buy an airgun tomorrow

MacSxS

Hi all. I am of shopping in the worcestershire area for an air rifle tomorrow. I mainly shoot shotguns, so I need a little advice. I only have a budget of £450. And I intend to use it for pest control around Stables and farm yards. Would my friends on PW recomend I buy a good quality S/H Springer or do I have enough to buy a half decent S/H PCP ? 

29 minutes ago, MacSxS said:

Hi all. I am of shopping in the worcestershire area for an air rifle tomorrow. I mainly shoot shotguns, so I need a little advice. I only have a budget of £450. And I intend to use it for pest control around Stables and farm yards. Would my friends on PW recomend I buy a good quality S/H Springer or do I have enough to buy a half decent S/H PCP ? 

I bought a full set up last year for £450, gun, bottle, scope, sticks, but the fella was selling up.

I don't have much experience of air rifles (since 1990 anyway) but found myself in your position earlier this year, looking for an air rifle to shoot targets while my rifle club is shut. I would have preferred a s/h s410, but was difficult to travel etc so in the end I bought a gamo phox in .22, came with pump, scope and slip for £460. Wood stock would have been nicer but I'm pretty happy with it. Just fitted a bipod for a bit of prone fun