Tikka T1X.

Lucasnorth

Right chaps, I started a post a few months ago about 22lr and 17hmr rifles as I’d just been granted my firearms certificate, after advise on here and reading reviews and video reviews iv since lockdown now had chance to check a few out at shops and get my hands on them, 

and I’m very nearly ready to purchase said rifles, and iv pretty much settled on the tikka t1x. One of each, I did look as some CZ, Annie’s browning and sako rifles, was going to go down the sako route and have the quad with 2 barrels but I’d think I’d just prefer 2 actual rifles, 

so anyone have one or had one??, I. Also looking for mod,scope, bipod and ammo recommendations, think iv settled on 16” for the 22 and 20” on the hmr. Any comments or thoughts will be most welcome, 
thanks.

Lucas. 

Dont have the tikka but have anschutz in the same calibres , 22 ammo wise buy a box of a few different makes cci , eley , winchester , sk , rws etc and see which one groups best in your gun , hmr ammo the same winchester , remington , cci , hornady , ive always found hornady to be the best in my hmrs 

scope wise 22 , something with hash marks/ mildots for holdover distances , hmr something simpler as its flat shooting from 45 - 125yds ish , either bdc ret or plain x so you can dial in 

Sak moderator for both or spend a few more bob on a  calibre dedicated mod for the hmr which are supposed to be a bit more accurate 

bipod , harris , deben , ive had harris years ago but have used quad sticks for the past 10 years or so 

good luck and enjoy

9 - 13 Harris bipod for sale on nv forum £90 , excellent done nothing anschutz 1417 for sale on SD & BBS £300 , ive bought and sold some gear to the lad whos selling the annie and his gear is always spot on and well looked after

1 hour ago, telf said:

9 - 13 Harris bipod for sale on nv forum £90 , excellent done nothing anschutz 1417 for sale on SD & BBS £300 , ive bought and sold some gear to the lad whos selling the annie and his gear is always spot on and well looked after

That's a Billy bargain..saw it....don't know what hassles involved in getting it here now or I'd have bought that

Mate has both sako s in .22 lr and 17 hmr .

Both guns are very very good ..

I fancy the tikka  in .17 very similar to the sako .I think you will be pleased  

Though to be honest his .22 lr doesn't get shot so much these days as the hmr is very flat  and the .25 fac air as accurate as the .22 lr just safer .

The .22lr has the biggest safety concerns of all the guns owned below the .308 

From my point of view, the Tikka T1x is very close to being the perfect rimfire, especially as I own a Tikka centrefire - it would make a good trainer. Stainless barrel and action would make it even better. I have handled one, but not fired one. The only thing I didn't like was the odd looking extractor wire. It looks flimsy and a quick Google suggests there have been problems with it. I'll stick with my CZ452 for now. You couldn't ask for a more accurate rimfire.  

My advice is if your heart set on tikka rimfire then buy one tikka make great rifles I’ve shot a CZ 22lr  American for years I bought one because that’s what I wanted wooden stock etc bought browning t.bolt 17hmr sold it didn’t like the trigger Have never looked back with CZ 👍Regarding 22lr or 17hmr both have there pro”s and Cons Good luck 😉 rimfire rifle hunting very addictive 👍👍