Parr Sands Cornwall

mossy835

17 minutes ago, mossy835 said:

it is a nice place. in door heated pool. bar nice food,

Sound like a decent place , it might be cold but at least it have stayed dry and glad you are enjoying it .

The first time I went to Devon / Cornwall was on the Cornish Express from Paddington  ? , fantastic journey .

Been Cornwall 40+ times. Missed out last year for the first time since the early1980s. Cancelled holiday there last summer, Cancelled another in June this year, but re-booked for September.

Love the place. If I could move friends and family there, I could happily live there.

4 hours ago, London Best said:

Cornwall is FAR too crowded. I like to go on holiday to get away from people.

Depends where and when you go.

21 hours ago, mossy835 said:

come down yesterday at Parr Sands,dry but wind is blowing a gale.bit calmer now,just came out the hot tub. going for a beer later in the club house,or should say sitting out side,but its dry no rain.go home next saturday.

It has been a bit windy these last few days but very sunny. Today I am working outside in a tee shirt and it is great, sunny and warm.

Ridiculously for April we could really do with a couple of days of rain but none in the forecast for the next 10 days or so.

yes the sun is out and hot for time of year, just come back from lands end, not many people there at all.went into penszants and not to many there. back at the camp now, time for a beer at the bar, and the wind is gone.

Edited by mossy835

2 hours ago, mossy835 said:

yes the sun is out and hot for time of year, just come back from lands end, not many people there at all.went into penszants and not to many there. back at the camp now, time for a beer at the bar, and the wind is gone.

You are not doing very well at spelling Cornish locations my 'ansum'  :-)

Lands End isn't as much of an attraction as its made out to be unless you like tat for the mantle piece. Nearby Sennen Cove and Gwenver beaches are nice.

If you have some younguns with you, a reel of cotton and a bent dolly pin gets hours of fun in rockpools using prised off Limpets for bait.

If you like walks Park up in ST. Just and have a stroll down to Cot Valley beach then maybe a cliff path across to Cape Cornwall and back to St. Just. Or you can hire push bikes from a shop on the corner of Chapel Road and Cape Cornwall Street: Look around the side of the shop in a house you can see where I knocked out a hole in the eaves when I was a kid in short trousers when I was put in the attic to stop me running off to the beaches lol. I remember father saying there was something wrong with me - he was right, autism weren't much known about then - just being backward and treated with backhanders lol. :-)

Non emmit.

Edited by Dave-G