Unpopular Opinions.

bigbird

25 minutes ago, Pangolin said:

Of course he would disagree, he wants to sell a load of it.

Like he said, people want to drink it with their eyes...its a marketing ploy so people see a guinness sitting on the side to tempt them into having one.

Guinness is minging.... how's that for an unpopular opinion!!

My poison of choice from the cool beer taps in the bar would be Bass, is it even possible to get it outside of northern ireland? A real mans beer unlike a lot of the pale ultra fizzy pee water that the new metrosexual male drinks

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Rob85 said:

Guinness is minging.... how's that for an unpopular opinion!!

My poison of choice from the cool beer taps in the bar would be Bass, is it even possible to get it outside of northern ireland? A real mans beer unlike a lot of the pale ultra fizzy pee water that the new metrosexual male drinks

No bud light for you then, haha.

23 minutes ago, Pangolin said:

Of course he would disagree, he wants to sell a load of it.

Like he said, people want to drink it with their eyes...its a marketing ploy so people see a guinness sitting on the side to tempt them into having one.

Not sure why you’ve got rid of the Carling of the stout world comment. I do agree Guinness isn’t the best stout out there but serves a purpose, few pints on a Sunday afternoon in the pub fine. I do enjoy a good good stout but they’re all usually a bit too strong to have more than 1 or 2. Me and a mate used to go to a place in Leeds called Tallboys. The board was being changed over so the chap reeled off what was on. We picked our pints and were told they only served halves. Insisting on pints the chap caved. It was lovely, had a few more and on the way out checked the board to see what we had. Can’t remember the name but it was 12%. We were well on the way to being rat ***** 😂 and then understood why he only usually served halves. 

6 minutes ago, JTaylor91 said:

Not sure why you’ve got rid of the Carling of the stout world comment. I do agree Guinness isn’t the best stout out there but serves a purpose, few pints on a Sunday afternoon in the pub fine. I do enjoy a good good stout but they’re all usually a bit too strong to have more than 1 or 2. Me and a mate used to go to a place in Leeds called Tallboys. The board was being changed over so the chap reeled off what was on. We picked our pints and were told they only served halves. Insisting on pints the chap caved. It was lovely, had a few more and on the way out checked the board to see what we had. Can’t remember the name but it was 12%. We were well on the way to being rat ***** 😂 and then understood why he only usually served halves. 

Just removed it to dampen any possible flames and didnt want to derail the thread, ha.

I dont like when they insist on serving halves.

I have a fair few 11% and 12% ones at home, Even More Death is a nice 12%, its like used motor oil consistency.

Edited by Pangolin

1 hour ago, Scully said:

Personalised number plates. Whenever I see one I just think ‘what a banker’. Same goes for all those folk who insist on giving me the thumbs up from their Landrover, when they see me in mine. 😂

Ok, I'll give you a v-sign in future 😉

Guinness is god-awful chemical ****.  Get a real stout.  Might just be coincidence, but every time I've had Guinness due to lack of choice,  I can really taste the line-cleaner.

Mrs Brown's Boys isn't that bad.  It's not good either, but it doesn't deserve the hate it gets.

Only Fools and Horses is bloody tedious, however.  Can't understand why so many people think it's some kind of 'golden era' - the writing and pace of episodes is all over the place.

I dislike anything not from Yorkshire. I dislike anywhere other than Yorkshire, except Canada, I like that place. 

And putting any form of fruit in the finest cheese known to Mankind - Wensleydale. It should be enjoyed as nature intended. Says so in the scriptures Sir!

26 minutes ago, Miroku_Dave said:

I dislike anything not from Yorkshire. I dislike anywhere other than Yorkshire, except Canada, I like that place. 

And putting any form of fruit in the finest cheese known to Mankind - Wensleydale. It should be enjoyed as nature intended. Says so in the scriptures Sir!

I’m a Yorkie  through and through and love cheese but Wensleydale is awful by it’s self totally rescued by the cranberries 

1 hour ago, ditchman said:

i fancy peters missus........great body for all those kids

Have you seen the naked cartoons of her, lots of men have a thing for her. Don't get it her voice is annoying. But the program is funny and near the bone sometimes.

2 hours ago, Ratlegs said:

And packham is now on Countdown

If only I had a giddy moment then😂, hearing in my head ten, nine ,eight,seven ,six, and then realised you meant the word quiz 😭and not the countdown for the pressing of the plunger.

3 hours ago, JTaylor91 said:

Tall boys Leeds I remember going in once I think - don’t remember coming out - do remember ending up in a strip bar possibly purple tigger or something similar ?!? - so not too shabby- was my brother in laws stag do if I remember rightly! So a good few years ago ! 

will drink Guinness but a decent Porter , dark beer or milk Stout ! I Recall Lincoln beer festival working down the strong list again things became a bit hazy!

timoththy tailors Ram Tam - now landlord dark !! Mmm 

19 minutes ago, figgy said:

Have you seen the naked cartoons of her, lots of men have a thing for her. Don't get it her voice is annoying. But the program is funny and near the bone sometimes.

If only I had a giddy moment then😂, hearing in my head ten, nine ,eight,seven ,six, and then realised you meant the word quiz 😭and not the countdown for the pressing of the plunger.

:yahoo:im not strange after all............

the other thing which annoys me is............

when someone dies as a result of

1. murder
  2. rape
  3. blown up
  4. shot
  5. knifed
  6. poisned
  7. drug over dose
  8. car crash
  9. etc...etc...etc.....

the first thing the reporter does is INTERVIEW THE BLOODY HEADMASTER

and they come out with the same old carp every bloody time