• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People that cannot use a retractable dog lead properly  

people that think it’s ok to try and touch my dog they’ve only just met 

modern day people that think they are gangsters you know the ones

todays society basically 

It used to be said that when you joined the Army they sent you on basic training to learn how to include a four letter word beginning with F into every sentence that you ever spoke. If you could manage to get it into every sentence twice your card was marked as potential corporal material. Manage three times in a sentence and you were fast tracked to SM.

Today the same applies at school with the word "like". Kids on the bus I get on say "like" in every sentence, 

Teachers (my son is a teacher) are not allowed to pick children up on the way they speak. Its called "their vernacular" and its "part of their cultural heritage".

So expressions like "I is hungry" "It do look bad" etc cannot be picked up on because the WOKE agenda 

I thought that was a key part of every teacher's job but it appears not.

When I was at school not only were we taught to write properly with pens  we were made to hold our knives and forks properly in the dining room and how to write letters. Our grammar and spelling was highly scrutinised.

None of this is taught today.

But privately educated kids still get taught penmanship, grammar, table manners and how to write letters etc

Is the WOKE agenda really trying to make working class kids unemployable? To create an underclass that will always be locked into low paid jobs and /or unemployment. People who will be always voting Labour because they have no choice, always dependent on benefits and handouts.

Edited by Vince Green

4 hours ago, Miroku_Dave said:

I dislike anything not from Yorkshire. I dislike anywhere other than Yorkshire, except Canada, I like that place. 

And putting any form of fruit in the finest cheese known to Mankind - Wensleydale. It should be enjoyed as nature intended. Says so in the scriptures Sir!

+1

21 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

It used to be said that when you joined the Army they sent you on basic training to learn how to include a four letter word beginning with F into every sentence that you ever spoke. If you could manage to get into every sentence twice your card was marked as potential corporal material. Manage three times in a sentence and you were fast tracked to SM.

Today the same applies at school with the word "like". Kids on the bus I get on say "like" in every sentence, 

Teachers (my son is a teacher) are not allowed to pick children up on the way they speak. Its called "their vernacular" and its "part of their cultural heritage".

So expressions like "I is hungry" "It do look bad" etc cannot be picked up on because the WOKE agenda 

I thought that was a key part of every teacher's job but it appears not.

When I was at school not only were we taught to write properly with pens  we were made to hold our knives and forks properly in the dining room and how to write letters. Our grammar and spelling was highly scrutinised.

None of this is taught today.

But privately educated kids still get taught penmanship, grammar, table manners and how to write letters etc

Is the WOKE agenda really trying to make working class kids unemployable? To create an underclass that will always be locked into low paid jobs and /or unemployment. People who will be always voting Labour because they have no choice, always dependent on benefits and handouts.

Yes I agree and if they can't produce enough Labour voters this way they will import millions more as Blair did.

On 25/04/2021 at 22:16, worrall26 said:

Plus would never bother me if I never ate a pizza again.

Yes! Pizza, what’s that all about, can’t stand it, it’s just very expensive cheese on toast.

Whilst we are talking about food, I’m going to throw my hatred for bananas into the mix, truly disgusting things. 

Charity runners at any running event who feel the need to dress up as a smurf or similar. They always lie about their expected finishing time and are in the reasonably quick time groups for the start. By 4 miles in they are blowing out of their **** and holding up the quicker people. To add insult to injury they will be shovelling bananas into their cake hole on the start and they are always next to me.

21 minutes ago, Taileron said:

Charity runners at any running event who feel the need to dress up as a smurf or similar.

Don’t forget the 1000 emails / texts to everyone they have ever met before that race telling them about their latest effort “It’s for CHARITDEE” I.e. self aggrandisement. The costume is shorthand to tell people “I’m a mad laugh, me”. 

For every marathon charity email I get I pickpocket two tramps. Collective punishment, it’s the only way they will learn. 

11 hours ago, Vince Green said:

<snip>

I find that really interesting, primarily because the people that pronounce ‘thou shall not correct grammar, spelling or semantics’ are usually educated. It seems to be a new class of elitism that aims to keep a dependant underclass rather than the old elitism that aimed to raise the working class to a useful level.

Particularly noticeable amongst liberal types who torn between supporting stout hard working families - but not the sort of scummy ones that drive white vans, perform manual work or go to football.

Inconsiderate joggers who believe they have right of way on pavements and footpaths and refuse to detour around pedestrians forcing the pedestrians to step aside. Jogging on pavements and public footpaths should be banned. Joggers should train at the gym.

3 hours ago, Scully said:

I’ll wave back if you have a personalised plate. 😀

😁  I might be a right onanist, but I'm not quite that beyond the pale so that I will **** my money away on a vanity plate - I use the US term because it describes what they are far better.

Here's one:

'Common Sense' is over-rated.  What people mean when they say bellow 'Use your common sense!' is "I'm an umempathetic a-hole who cannot possibly comprehend why someone else's thought processes could be different, and therefore act differently to how I expect them to.  And I'm disappointed when they can't read my mind.'

In any industrial environment I've worked in, the loudest 'common sence' (sic) advocates are the biggest liabilities, and will actually slow a job down by complaining loudly about having to attend briefings/toolbox talks etc.  They're also invariably only willing to share their knowledge in hindsight.

Ok where far enough down a thread to drop this one in. All the Green do Gooders  will tell us that we are killing the planet. In reality yes changes need to be made but we need to understand that we need to reduce the population that is growing globally out of control. By globally agreeing to reduce offspring. Oh but that would prove vastly unpopular!?! So no we all have to eat flipping pineapples and stop eating pigs in blankets. Ps I can only afford two kids ??!!!

atb Agriv8

38 minutes ago, Agriv8 said:

Ok where far enough down a thread to drop this one in. All the Green do Gooders  will tell us that we are killing the planet. In reality yes changes need to be made but we need to understand that we need to reduce the population that is growing globally out of control. By globally agreeing to reduce offspring. Oh but that would prove vastly unpopular!?! So no we all have to eat flipping pineapples and stop eating pigs in blankets. Ps I can only afford two kids ??!!!

atb Agriv8

This reflects my opinion that you only breed what you can pay for. I really boils my **** having to part with my earnings to pay for others who can’t be bothered to wear a rubber and expect the state to foot the bill.

36 minutes ago, Clodhopper said:

This reflects my opinion that you only breed what you can pay for. I really boils myhaving to part with my earnings to pay for others who can’t be bothered to wear a rubber and expect the state to foot the bill.

Clodhopper it’s worse than that ! Involving cold hands, some iodine and a sharp scalpel - then soldering iron  and Mrs Agriv8 offered no sympathy whatsoever! Least it was at local doctors and I went for a pint to console myself!

On 25/04/2021 at 20:13, oscarsdad said:

The number of people I dislike is too long to list. 

I am only 40 but grumpy beyond my years...my default position is that until proven otherwise I dislike everyone. 

You are not alone on this forum with that philosophy.

2 minutes ago, Agriv8 said:

Clodhopper it’s worse than that ! Involving cold hands, some iodine and a sharp scalpel - then soldering iron  and Mrs Agriv8 offered no sympathy whatsoever! Least it was at local doctors and I went for a pint to console myself!

😂😂 I also belong to that club. Why are there hands always cold?🤨

On 25/04/2021 at 20:13, oscarsdad said:

The number of people I dislike is too long to list. 

I am only 40 but grumpy beyond my years...my default position is that until proven otherwise I dislike everyone. 

It’s a sound philosophy and means you are never disappointed but deliriously happy on the odd occasion you meet someone you actually like!

On 25/04/2021 at 21:15, clangerman said:

those who wear baseball caps back to front to show they are to thick to read a label 

Unless you have the sun behind you and don’t want to burn your neck😂😂

28 minutes ago, Agriv8 said:

atb Agriv8

I suspect there are many here that totally agree, limit of two children or 2 live births whichever comes first (this allows for multiple births) and then Tax subsequent births heavily 

I've just made the last edit of a post on this thread that I'm going to to remove a content filter evasion. 

That rule has been in place for long enough for people to know.

Any more and the offending post will go and a warning will follow.