Unpopular Opinions.

bigbird

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kids whose parents say they have ADHD but we all know they are just naughty spoilt brats who have been allowed to do what they like as the parents are feckless.
And you just know that a few days with someone who is prepared to lay down boundries and stick to them the child would be totally different.

1 hour ago, Scully said:

Football. What’s that all about then, and especially grown men who buy a shirt with someone else’s name on it!  🤷‍♂️😂

Nothing wrong with football , if 22 homosexual men want to chase each other around for 90 minutes,  the hug each other from time to time,  then fair play to them I say . I definitely think that the homosexual worshipers that wear those shirts with the name of their favourite homosexual on the back are a bit strange though 😊

1 hour ago, welsh1 said:

Kids whose parents say they have ADHD but we all know they are just naughty spoilt brats who have been allowed to do what they like as the parents are feckless.
And you just know that a few days with someone who is prepared to lay down boundries and stick to them the child would be totally different.

100% mate!!

16 minutes ago, mel b3 said:

Nothing wrong with football , if 22 homosexual men want to chase each other around for 90 minutes,  the hug each other from time to time,  then fair play to them I say . I definitely think that the homosexual worshipers that wear those shirts with the name of their favourite homosexual on the back are a bit strange though 😊

its the spitting i dont like.......................distgusting

Misogyny occurs so infrequently that it almost doesn’t exist. 

Since 2010 there has been a trend to mislabel sexism and ‘inappropriate’ sexual language or behaviour as misogynistic for no reason except to sound modern and academic. I am no doubt frequently sexist (making stereotypes based upon sex) by holding doors for women et cetera and can occasionally be lewd if it makes a good punchline, but I am not a misogynist.

Edited by WalkedUp

13 hours ago, ditchman said:

dave is making a reference to Mels prederroliction of fresh root ginger

AHH the act of figging, and no nothing to do with my avatar. Seen something about it on a channel doc years ago. Painful form of  punishment as I recall.

17 hours ago, Scully said:

Football. What’s that all about then, and especially grown men who buy a shirt with someone else’s name on it!  🤷‍♂️😂

That Tommy Hilfiger seems awfully proud of his stuff?  As is Pierre Cardin.

Now, everybody is a bit of a brand snob about something if not clothes (ATA vs Silver Pig anyone....) but I'm not paying good money to provide free advertising and have someone's name/logo/brand plastered across my back.

1 hour ago, udderlyoffroad said:

That Tommy Hilfiger seems awfully proud of his stuff?  As is Pierre Cardin.

Now, everybody is a bit of a brand snob about something if not clothes (ATA vs Silver Pig anyone....) but I'm not paying good money to provide free advertising and have someone's name/logo/brand plastered across my back.

I’m assuming they must be; can’t say I’ve ever bought either. 
I do like my Barbour stuff admittedly, but aren’t keen on logos. I bought a black padded Barbour jacket from Norris’ for a funeral some years ago, but obliterated the yellow logo with a black marker pen the moment I got it home. 

Here's one:

Village post offices aren't worth saving.

As the current generation of pensioners passes on, what do we need them for, really?

Stamps have been available for purchase from any corner shop since the 90s, likewise parcels can be posted at any small retailer these days.  Pensions are paid straight into bank accounts.  If you need to send a letter recorded delivery, well, in these 'rona times that's pointless.  You can print out the recorded delivery label from royal mail, stick it on the envelope and post at a convenient letter box.

6 hours ago, udderlyoffroad said:

Here's one:

Village post offices aren't worth saving.

As the current generation of pensioners passes on, what do we need them for, really?

Stamps have been available for purchase from any corner shop since the 90s, likewise parcels can be posted at any small retailer these days.  Pensions are paid straight into bank accounts.  If you need to send a letter recorded delivery, well, in these 'rona times that's pointless.  You can print out the recorded delivery label from royal mail, stick it on the envelope and post at a convenient letter box.

And you can add libraries to that list. People only use our local library to collect recycling sacks and vote, but when it comes to the council wanting to redevelop it it’s like the end of the world. There’s never anyone in there and that’s the bottom line I’m afraid. 

Charity....... in the form of RNLI, Air Ambulance, Blood bikes and any other service which in my opinion should be a service which is paid for properly by the government. I believe the majority of people would pay an extra few quid in tax to see these ‘charities’ be properly funded as they should be. 

Just now, elgreco said:

Charity....... in the form of RNLI, Air Ambulance, Blood bikes and any other service which in my opinion should be a service which is paid for properly by the government. I believe the majority of people would pay an extra few quid in tax to see these ‘charities’ be properly funded as they should be. 

I don’t think the RNLI relies on charity for funding, it has some serious wealth and in esteem t behind it. 

I don’t know about Blood Bikes, but the Air Ambulance has some serious money at its beck and call too, as it were. Rumour has it that our local one has a couple of local businesses which top up shortfalls when necessary. They also sponsor our local clay shoot which donates to the air ambulance. 

21 minutes ago, elgreco said:

No, No, No. People may be prepared to pay the extra few quid but those charities would become government departments. They would be reliant on Treasury funding. But the Treasury is full of suits whose only aim in life is to cut funding under the guise of “efficiency gains” Ha Ha. The end result would be ex-charities having to do more and more with less and less until they become ineffective and the public dissatisfied with their service.

Let charities be free of control of the Whitehall despots