Unpopular Opinions.

bigbird

On 28/04/2021 at 15:48, Scully said:

Football. What’s that all about then, and especially grown men who buy a shirt with someone else’s name on it!  🤷‍♂️😂

What about when fans talk about 'we' all the time as if they were on the pitch or managing the team.....goes through me.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, stuartyboy said:

Agree, this clip sums it up 

Mitchell and Webb have done a few great takes on how silly football looks to an outsider.  

I cant get excited about games at all although I like snooker.  I do however watch for when big football or rugby matches are on so I can time tip runs etc 

15 hours ago, stuartyboy said:

Agree, this clip sums it up 

😀 Reminds me of two friends at a former workplace, one an avid Liverpool fan the other Man Utd. They worked together as fitters and drank in the same pub, but if one team beat the other ( especially if there was a dubious off-side decision involved ) or finished higher up the table than the other, they wouldn’t speak to each other for days! What’s that all about? 😂Hilarious! 

On 02/05/2021 at 12:57, Scully said:

😀 Reminds me of two friends at a former workplace, one an avid Liverpool fan the other Man Utd. They worked together as fitters and drank in the same pub, but if one team beat the other ( especially if there was a dubious off-side decision involved ) or finished higher up the table than the other, they wouldn’t speak to each other for days! What’s that all about? 😂Hilarious! 

Had a guy in Cyprus (knew him from training as well), and when a Liverpool match was on and he couldn't see it or listen to it (this was the 90's) he used to sit in a chair and sulk all day - lovely for his wife and kid 😕

Never got football even though I come from not far away from Liverpool - wrong shaped balls for me though that dropped off when I was posted to Germany in the 80's due to not getting anything on TV etc.... Although I still like to hear my home town doing well