Unpopular Opinions.

bigbird

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, bigbird said:

Oh! I have another !! retractable leads on dogs 🤬🤬

Those things SHOULD be seen as a valid reason to be allowed to carry razor sharp garden shears in a public place

The amount of ******* busy texting or chatting away, oblivious to their rat shaped faeces spreader's pavement truffle antics, or it being wrapped around a couple of trees, etc. is beyond belief

Used to go on regular dog club walks for the breed we own and I was always getting wrapped up in the bloody things!

13 hours ago, clangerman said:

those who wear baseball caps back to front to show they are to thick to read a label 

people who mix up to and too - worse than illegal fly tippers 🤪

5 minutes ago, saddler said:

people who mix up to and too - worse than illegal fly tippers 🤪

People who write brought not bought. Which is very hypocritical of me as I make 1000s of typographical errors in my own writing. However, as a person with dyslexia I read sentences very slowly and mistakes confuse me enough to make the entire sentence incomprehensible. I give up reading what people write if I cannot easily decipher their meaning from their words.

Edited by WalkedUp

3 minutes ago, welsh1 said:

Princess Diana was no saint and the outpouring of grief over her death was way over the top and embarrasing.

+1  - All we know of her is what the media/Her PR machine wanted us to know.  Thanks to the internet, we can see a much more unvarnished version of her.  I bet Diana wouldn't have looked anywhere near as good as she did under a 21st-century-social-media-spotlight.

6 minutes ago, clangerman said:

those who wear baseball caps back to front to show they are to thick to read a label 

Hopefully the teacher told them to take their cap off in class, before he taught them that they're too thick...

Incidentally, you've clearly never welded out-of-position, as otherwise you too would appreciate where a backwards-turned baseball cap is useful.   Hot weld spatter can damage your hair follicles to the point they stop growing, leading to bald spots....

4 minutes ago, WalkedUp said:

People who write brought not bought. 

Yes they should of paid more attention at school.

Makes me cringe just writing it.

13 hours ago, enfieldspares said:

Anyone that thinks it a good idea to soak a Stilton cheese with port. Waste of both.

But for so called personalities I'll start with three of "People some alive some dead I'd have liked to seal in a large barrel, all together, and cast into an ocean":

Stephen Fry

Mel Giedroyc

Bernie Winters

You bloomin well take that back about Bernie Winters....  Rest are all good tho 🙂 May i suggest Ronnie Corbett to replace Bernie in the barrel, sponging no talent hanger-on that he was!

Anyone who considers themselves an 'influencer' ..... I mean really ***.....  and while i think about it the ******* 'Trending' heading you see everywhere really boils my ***.

34 minutes ago, clangerman said:

those who mock lack of education in others when they didn’t have the luxury with a sick parent to support! 

Self improvement is open to all. Though some people proudly wear their shortcomings as a badge of honour as if their idiocy should be rewarded.

Unpopular opinions? 

Lots of people who do charitable work do it not to help others but so they can feel good about themselves. 

They then like to post on Social Media about how they are doing it do they can feel even better about themselves when they get a few likes. 

Many of these so called ‘charities’ aren’t needed and actually cause more problems than they solve. 

What’s worse is then these half informed idiots then turn around and criticise the services that are providing the actual help. 

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

am pleased to notice that nobody has challenged my Oasis opinion 😂

I'll challenge that, I really like some of their songs, possibly depends when you grew up?

Picture a train carriage on the way back from a rugby festival,  one of the lads started a sing song, Oasis Wonderwall and Don't look back in anger, the entire carriage was singing and bouncing,  everyone joined in, an epic day but it's the sing song on the train that stands out in my memory. 

55 minutes ago, Wintel73 said:

Self improvement is open to all. Though some people proudly wear their shortcomings as a badge of honour as if their idiocy should be rewarded.

who are you calling a idiot is there something funny in mocking a lack of education anyone see the joke in someone being less fortunate? you might have a education but  you certainly lack manners 

2 hours ago, Lloyd90 said:

Lots of people who do charitable work do it not to help others but so they can feel good about themselves. 

Got a family member who does that !! I called her out on it and we don't speak anymore

4 hours ago, bigbird said:

Oh! I have another !! retractable leads on dogs 🤬🤬

I totally agree with you on that - except my wife has better ideas - if you get what I mean!!

3 hours ago, welsh1 said:

Princess Diana was no saint and the outpouring of grief over her death was way over the top and embarrasing.

In some ways I see this as the beginning of the end for society!!

2 hours ago, Dougy said:

Believe it or not warm milk makes me retch at the smell. 

But i can eat Marmite by the spoonful.

I love having a cup of hot milk before bed - but Marmite is a gift from Satan :D