Observership wanted.

dabloobana

Hi all,

I want to observe someone experienced fox shooting.

Please note that this is not a request to shoot/ guided foxing and i shall not be bringing my rifle or shotgun (hoping this will make it easier for people to reply) and only wish to observe, learn.
Happy to assist as per the shooters request (for eg you keep sitting in the truck while i run to retrieve the fox, or however you deem necessary).
I do not wish to record/take selfies etc. This is not for media but for my learning.

I may have questions to ask re: learning about foxing but if you wish, i am happy not to ask anything and only observe.

Any game keeper doing fox control or anyone else doing vermin control would be perfect.

I am happy to drive but would prefer to be in Norfolk/ Suffolk region, (if near diss/Scole then its a bonus).

I am non smoker, happy to come in PPE (mask gloves).
Willing to wait till whatever lockdown easing condition makes it comfortable for you to take me on.
Available most nights but will ideally need to leave in time for a brief rest and start work at 0900.

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
On 25/04/2021 at 18:22, dabloobana said:

Hi all,

I want to observe someone experienced fox shooting.

Please note that this is not a request to shoot/ guided foxing and i shall not be bringing my rifle or shotgun (hoping this will make it easier for people to reply) and only wish to observe, learn.
Happy to assist as per the shooters request (for eg you keep sitting in the truck while i run to retrieve the fox, or however you deem necessary).
I do not wish to record/take selfies etc. This is not for media but for my learning.

I may have questions to ask re: learning about foxing but if you wish, i am happy not to ask anything and only observe.

Any game keeper doing fox control or anyone else doing vermin control would be perfect.

I am happy to drive but would prefer to be in Norfolk/ Suffolk region, (if near diss/Scole then its a bonus).

I am non smoker, happy to come in PPE (mask gloves).
Willing to wait till whatever lockdown easing condition makes it comfortable for you to take me on.
Available most nights but will ideally need to leave in time for a brief rest and start work at 0900.

Thanks.

The silence is deafening LOL 

well that sounds like a fair honest request to me

but having said that my mate was for months badgered by a friend of his to do excactly the same.....so eventually he gave in........but will never ever do it again as his mate had IBS and was blowing off all bloody night:lol:

50 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Silence from people offering or silence from the OP?

Offers, it just seems strange (to me) not knowing the person, male, female, other and vague location + firearms, sorry but the bells are ringing for me and iam not quasimodo 

14 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Silence from people offering or silence from the OP?

What silence do you want me to break?

Ive been told off by people for making this request. So whats the point of humiliating myself further?

13 hours ago, steve s×s said:

Offers, it just seems strange (to me) not knowing the person, male, female, other and vague location + firearms, sorry but the bells are ringing for me and iam not quasimodo 

thats fine if you dont trust strangers.

However if i put that i want to bring my rifle etc then some other people might have a problem. 

If people really want, they can PM asking for name, address, FAC. If i put all the details on open forum (which im not comfortable doing) then i bet one million posts telling me not to put such details on open forum.

8 hours ago, dabloobana said:

Ive been told off by people for making this request. So whats the point of humiliating myself further?

However if i put that i want to bring my rifle etc then some other people might have a problem. 

If people really want, they can PM asking for name, address, FAC. If i put all the details on open forum (which im not comfortable doing) then i bet one million posts telling me not to put such details on open forum.

As I said ( jmho) others may disagree 

9 hours ago, dabloobana said:

I went out with @sniper0161to watch them shoot foxes and it was great seeing a different technique (night vision and thermal) compared to my lamping and squeak. He even let me have a pop on a rabbit. 

Your request seems fine to me, if you are ever near Chester I would happily take you out as lamp man on a small piece of land. 

Edited by WalkedUp

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/05/2021 at 07:24, WalkedUp said:

I went out with @sniper0161to watch them shoot foxes and it was great seeing a different technique (night vision and thermal) compared to my lamping and squeak. He even let me have a pop on a rabbit. 

Your request seems fine to me, if you are ever near Chester I would happily take you out as lamp man on a small piece of land. 

On 12/05/2021 at 07:59, oowee said:

I would have no issue if you were over this way. Happy to take people out on foxes or deer. We have to be open and encouraging to get people into the sport. 

Thanks to both of you for your offers.

Unlikely in the near future but if im ever in Cheshire/Somerset will defo look yall up.