Saplings

steve_b_wales

I have what I believe are a sweet chestnut sapling and a few hazel ones that are free of charge to anyone who wants them. All I ask is for the postage to be covered, which should not be more that £5:00

I will also have some Oak saplings free in a few weeks time. Just waiting for them to germinate a bit more.

Now sorted:

Oak saplings will be available in approx' 3 months time.

Edited by steve_b_wales

Steve...hansom offer as usual. I am really pleased because you got me into trying to raise from seed and I have three nice horse chestnuts which came from a red flowered variety I have in my wood which we call Sika's tree as my old dog is planted at it's base.  Nothing more exciting in my view than seeing a break in the soil and the apperance of a shoot.  One of mine has only just started to appear and has been in a pot since October.     Keep up the good work as there is still plenty of space around for a few more trees.    Not actually trees, but it was fantastic to see a local prairie farmer re planting hedge rows this last week.

Let me know come autumn if you need further seed and I should have some of those red horse chestnuts as well.

48 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

Steve...hansom offer as usual. I am really pleased because you got me into trying to raise from seed and I have three nice horse chestnuts which came from a red flowered variety I have in my wood which we call Sika's tree as my old dog is planted at it's base.  Nothing more exciting in my view than seeing a break in the soil and the apperance of a shoot.  One of mine has only just started to appear and has been in a pot since October.     Keep up the good work as there is still plenty of space around for a few more trees.    Not actually trees, but it was fantastic to see a local prairie farmer re planting hedge rows this last week.

Let me know come autumn if you need further seed and I should have some of those red horse chestnuts as well.

I would be most grateful of some red Horse Chestnuts please. If you want any Oak saplings, let me know as I've got quite a few just pushing through the soil now. I usually wait a year before passing them on, but they'll be okay to replant.

I've been doing this for the past 18 years, ever since my son passed away, and I've estimated that I have 'grown' and passed on at least 1200 saplings since then. The furthest being the Isle of Lewis. I plan (and hope) to continue doing this for as many years in the future that I can.

Thanks Steve but to be honest I do not have much more room in the wood and have already handed out five walnuts which grew wild and all of these red chestnuts will go to friends.  Keep up the good work.  I'm just hoping that the chestnuts come true to the parent tree. There is not another chestnut nearby so doubt if there has been any cross breeding.

6 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

Thanks Steve but to be honest I do not have much more room in the wood and have already handed out five walnuts which grew wild and all of these red chestnuts will go to friends.  Keep up the good work.  I'm just hoping that the chestnuts come true to the parent tree. There is not another chestnut nearby so doubt if there has been any cross breeding.

:good:

If I`m not too late I would like to take some too please. We had a donation of over 80 oak saplings wich we have planted around the site where I work & would like to continue planting as many trees as possible. 

Thanks,

Dan.

18 hours ago, steve_b_wales said:

I'll have some Horse Chestnut & Oak's soon. PM your address details.:good:

I'll be in touch as soon as they've grown a bit more. At the moment, they've just started to push through the soil.

1 hour ago, Mullard83 said:

If I`m not too late I would like to take some too please. We had a donation of over 80 oak saplings wich we have planted around the site where I work & would like to continue planting as many trees as possible. 

Thanks,

Dan.

I'll be in touch as soon as they've grown a bit more. At the moment, they've just started to push through the soil.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi all, I have around 60 oak saplings and few other varieties if anyone wants any.

free but just need  to be collected.

based in lancashire 

please PM if interested, I also have a few tubes and canes to suit.

Best Regards 

Stea33