Greetings from North Shropshire!

Hi everybody. Keen airgunner with first perm and no real clue regarding the techniques required to maximise my efforts. Prepared and tasted my first pigeon only last week, at my age that's disappointing! Absolutely marvellous, I'm hooked. 

Perm is on my doorstep, literally. So with a lot more knowledge, it could be a rewarding new chapter with my shooting. 

Thank you for the add. 

Bob. 

Welcome aboard Bob. Lots of airgun information from long time users here. I shoot an Air ASrms S200 Mk2 mainly for squirrels.  Any tree rat shooting on your patch?  If you do get one or two....hopefully more...then log them in the other vernin thread as we try to keep an annual log of numbers shot. A number of avid tree rat killers cover the edge of the red squirrel area in the Lakes but rest assured every tree rat you kill will save a young bird as well as damage to trees.  Keep us informed of you escapades.

Edited by Walker570

2 hours ago, Rockhamster said:

Hi everybody. Keen airgunner with first perm and no real clue regarding the techniques required to maximise my efforts. Prepared and tasted my first pigeon only last week, at my age that's disappointing! Absolutely marvellous, I'm hooked. 

Perm is on my doorstep, literally. So with a lot more knowledge, it could be a rewarding new chapter with my shooting. 

Thank you for the add. 

Bob. 

43 minutes ago, Raw and wriggley said:

Good to see another salopian onboard 

Welcome aboard, Im also in North Shropshire.

510px-Flag_of_Shropshire.svg.png

Edited by Pangolin

It appears I'm surrounded by airgunners! Closest population is Wem, for those who know the area. Plenty and varied selection of quarry but I'm starting things off slowly, learn as I go. 

Only, now that, I'm happy with my shooting have I considered 'hunting'. Got into airguns due to a rat issue after we started keeping chickens. Never realised how much I missed shooting in general. 

Thank you for the welcome, I'm here to learn. 👍

Bob. 

On 26/04/2021 at 17:37, bigbird said:

My parents live in Whixall 😊

You actually admit to that?! 🤣

20 hours ago, Rockhamster said:

It appears I'm surrounded by airgunners! Closest population is Wem, for those who know the area. Plenty and varied selection of quarry but I'm starting things off slowly, learn as I go. 

Only, now that, I'm happy with my shooting have I considered 'hunting'. Got into airguns due to a rat issue after we started keeping chickens. Never realised how much I missed shooting in general. 

Thank you for the welcome, I'm here to learn. 👍

Bob. 

I’m in Ellesmere, originally from Prees where my parents still have a farm. I work in wem quite often. Welcome to the forum! 

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, twenty said:

Are you a Ellesmere angling club member, I know a couple of the Bailiffs.

Pffft, I applied about 5 years ago, got an email back saying it was full and youll be kept on record for when spaces were available. Never had anything back.

Is it quite expensive now?

Edited by Pangolin

3 hours ago, Pangolin said:

Pffft, I applied about 5 years ago, got an email back saying it was full and youll be kept on record for when spaces were available. Never had anything back.

Is it quite expensive now?

Think they have Gold, Silver and bronze membership, based on  how many of their  waters you want to use.