Adding an adjustable comb

Lloyd90

Could anyone please advise on the rough cost (and time frame?) of having an OU changed to an adjustable comb please? 

Both my 12 and 20 bore silver pigeons shoot very flat / straight and I am considering having them made into adjustable combs rather than sell and try to seek replacements for them. 

14 hours ago, Lloyd90 said:

Could anyone please advise on the rough cost (and time frame?) of having an OU changed to an adjustable comb please? 

Both my 12 and 20 bore silver pigeons shoot very flat / straight and I am considering having them made into adjustable combs rather than sell and try to seek replacements for them. 

I'd only put a adjustable stock on if being used for clays. There just not the same when game shooting. Especially walked up, rough shooting. I mean, for quick mounting instinctive shooting. Two nice gun's,and if they are game model silver pigeons that might actually de value them if you get it done. Try a beretta gel tec comb raiser and see does it make much difference. They are cheap enough and can be put on removed easily,re used.

Edited by Krico woodcock

1 hour ago, Krico woodcock said:

I'd only put a adjustable stock on if being used for clays. There just not the same when game shooting. Especially walked up, rough shooting. I mean, for quick mounting instinctive shooting. Two nice gun's,and if they are game model silver pigeons that might actually de value them if you get it done. Try a beretta gel tec comb raiser and see does it make much difference. They are cheap enough and can be put on removed easily,re used.

Cheers mate that makes big difference 👍🏻

1 hour ago, welshwarrior said:

From pervious conversations I must say I feel you’d be better placed getting a session with a good instructor to look at gun fit and general shooting style

Thanks 👍🏻 Let’s try and get out soon 👍🏻

17 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, looking at you work with walking sticks I would think you under estimate your talent 👍

He certainly does. Boo`s work is remarkable. A very talented guy.

OB

Hi Lloyd

My 725 was £200  14 months ago and a couple off weeks through my AFD ( he sent it somewhere that have done him a fair few ) having a little more rib showing my scores have increased at my local clay ground Peaking at a 24 our 25 on the sporting layout. A rule of thumb is a quid coin on the rib at the action end you should just be able to see the sight when the gun is mounted ?

Having viewed my before and after on my Shotcam it would appear that I am mounting locking on and adding lead more cleanly and consistently post adjustable  comb fitted if you want a test before shelling our £200 you could try a beretta Gell comb riser pad ( 3mm or 6mm IIRC ) ? PS  Even hitting strait incomers of the tower  now which have ALWAYS been my Achilles heel .

I shoot gun Down regardless of ( clays or game ) but I have now added the stick on comb raiser to my Beretta 686 ( Game Gun ) but I do not game shoot enough to report back but I shocked myself when I took a Exocet partridge last time out with 1 barrel and I had the feeling when I pulled the trigger that I was BANG on the money ! even got a couple of compliments on bagging that one ! 

Try this 

• Check gun is empty 
  • put a sticker on a mirror and mount the gun and aim for the Sticker all good.
  • unmount the gun and remount the Gun ( try only to move hands and shoulder )  -This time with your eyes shut.
  • When Mounted  open Just the EYE above the Rib is the Rib and sight where you thought it should be  ( this should be your dominant eye ) and you should pass the pound coin test above ?
  • repeat over a couple of mounts if you get consistent results that really goody
  • if not think about 
  • Gun to cheek ?
  • Head dropping on to stock ?
  • is my head (eyes Parallel )
  • are you cocking the Gun Over
  • Are you pulling the gun to shoulder ( rather than shoulder to gun )

not a profesional but it what a instructor told me to do especially if I had a bad score as a check.

let us know how you get on ( apologies for going off topic a bit  !!) 

Edited by Agriv8
typo